Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWIM Attribute Mapping

Pioneer
Pioneer

OK so we are new to this SWIM thing. I know how to create attribute mappings in swim.xml, and our requirements are quite basic. Our desired mapping is:

<attribute_map cad_type="slddrw:sldasm:sldprt:sldtbx">
        <attribute>
			<cad_name value="Description"/>
			<pdm_name value="item_name"/>
			<direction value="pdmtocad"/>
		</attribute>
        <attribute>
			<cad_name value="DWG NO"/>
			<pdm_name value="item_id"/>
		</attribute>
		<attribute>
			<cad_name value="Revision"/>
			<pdm_name value="item_revision_id"/>
		</attribute>
    </attribute_map>

We have multiple item types. If we want the attribute mapping to be the same for all of them, is what I have sufficient? Do I need to create new mappings for each item type?

I also know that I need to add these mappings to Teamcenter using import_attr_settings, etc. It looks as though I DO need to specify individual item types when using those commands. Is that true even if I have just the three mapping entries shown in my above snippet?

Any help appreciated! 

2 REPLIES

Re: SWIM Attribute Mapping

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Add your type to the dataset_map section.

<dataset_map>
        <dataset allowed_item_types="Item" named_ref="AsmFile" pdm_type="SWAsm"/>
        <dataset allowed_item_types="Item" named_ref="PrtFile" pdm_type="SWPrt"/>
        <dataset allowed_item_types="Item" named_ref="DrwFile" pdm_type="SWDrw"/>
        <dataset allowed_item_types="Item" named_ref="TbxFile" pdm_type="SW2Tbx"/>
    </dataset_map>

Instead of Item, use your custom type name(s). Use the BMIDE names...

allowed_item_types="ACME4_Part:ACME4_Tooling"

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Re: SWIM Attribute Mapping

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks. We already have our custom items identified in the dataset_map as per your example.

This message and any attachments may be a confidential attorney-client communication or otherwise be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error, please reply by e-mail and delete this message and all attachments.