cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script or Function

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have a request to provide one of my customers with 120 NX drawings.  Is there a script or function where I can provide an input of drawing names, status, and then export those datasets to a folder?

-Lindy

6 REPLIES

Re: Script or Function

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

You didn't mention which version of Teamcenter you're using, but in TC10.1.x you could export them from the Rich Client using Tools -> Export -> To PLMXML, and pick "JustDatasetsOut" as the Transfer Mode. Of course, this will export all of the datasets and not just the drawings so you'll have some manual filtering to do afterward.

You could also try the plmxml_export utility from a Teamcenter command window. It provides a lot of options, and you'll have to read the help documentation on it to understand which settings get you closest to what you need.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

There is a little known switch in Multisite Assistant (MSA) that will enable you to populate a folder from a static list of Items. MSA is a separate downloadable tool on GTAC. However, I don't know if it can target datasets (haven't tried it). Once the folder is populated with datasets then exporting them using PLMXML should be straight forward.

Another trick to make this easier is to create a dummy BOM and add all the revisions to be exported. Then export the BOM. I use this method.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks guys, you gave me good suggestions here, but what about printing a NX drawing from outside of Tc.  Do I need anything special here?  (I am a complete novice in this space. Can you tell?)

Solution Partner Legend

Are you talking about the situation where the end recipient of the drawings doesn't have NX? In that case, I'd look into getting a copy of Xpresreview for them.

Pioneer
Pioneer

My customer needs to print the drawings, (make hard copies).  I am wondering if there is a batch program to do this?  

Solution Partner Legend

Record a journal file in NX while printing a drawing, then use NX Open or SNAP to extend it to the full list you need to print.