Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Sending notification on release of Item

Hi ,

I have a requirement where I need to send mail on release of item revision. But mail should be sent conditionally- only if a custom property (flag) on item-master form is true. I want to know experts opinion before I dig into custom code. What would be the easiest way to achieve this.

TC9.1

Regards

Naveen

8 REPLIES

Re: Sending notification on release of Item

[ Edited ]

Without writing custom code...

You could add a conditional task after the step that releases the Item Revision. In that conditional branch add the notification handler.

Of-course, I am assuming that you are using workflow to release an Item Revision.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Hello Fegade,
I see that AutomaticCondition task takes in " query". But I just need to check ItemMasterForm Property. Also our RELEASE workflow takes only REV objects as target and there could be multiple REVobjects.
Thanks in advance.

[ Edited ]

In that case, you can create sub process for each revision (there is a handler for that). In that sub process, add the conditional task to send email.

You can write a query to search on the Item Master form property even if the target is a revision.

This will send one notification per qualified revision.

This assumes that you are looking for ootb solution.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

I understand that I should use "EPM-create-sub-process" for creating sub-workflow job.

Can you please provide more details on QUERY part in CONDITION task.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author naveengm
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

[ Edited ]

How good are you in using Query Builder?

If you are confortable using Query Builder, then build query like this:

Query Class: ItemRevision

Query Clauses: Find Item Revisions where the item of the revision (items_tag) is referenced by the ImanRelation of type IMAN_master_form as primary object and the secondary object of the relation is the Item Master Form whose given property has given value.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

CAE software configuration in Teamcenter

Hi,

Can any body know how to configure CAE software like MSC Adams, MSC Easy5, Ansys1.5, COMSOL 4.5, Ecosimpro 5, Flowmaster 7, LMS, MAT Lab into Teamcenter.  If you any one have  procedure or avi, please share to mail id mantusp@gmail.com.

naveengm wrote:

Hi ,

I have a requirement where I need to send mail on release of item revision. But mail should be sent conditionally- only if a custom property (flag) on item-master form is true. I want to know experts opinion before I dig into custom code. What would be the easiest way to achieve this.

TC9.1

Regards

Naveen

Regards,

Mantu

Thanks Fegade. 

This worked on my prototype.

Thanks.

@Nahantest - please don't high-jack existing thread to start new topic :-). You will have better chances of someone responding if you start new thread for new topic.
---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade