Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session timeout for 4-Tier clients

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello Experts,

In a customer's syslog I found "Service Request: TcLoginService:logout" being called exactly after 8 hours of inactivity. (Detailed message at end)

I am trying to modify this timeout value. Any idea where is the setting for this ?

I have already tried setting 'Session Timeout' value from 'Modify Web Application Information' dialog in Teamcenter Web Application Manager (insweb.bat) and also the context parameter HARD_TIMEOUT_STATELESS to a lower value. But did not work.

As said above, following message is displayed in customer's syslog file exactly after 8 hours of inactivity on client side.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFO - Service Request: TcLoginService:logout - Teamcenter.Soa.Communication
INFO - The type cache map is de-initialized due to logout - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tccore at D:\workdir\tc113w0509_64\src\core\tccore\imantype_itk.cxx(1099)
INFO - The type cache map is de-initialized due to logout - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tccore at D:\workdir\tc113w0509_64\src\core\tccore\imantype_itk.cxx(1099)
NOTE - Among [830] calls for POM_refresh_instances we have [0] misses and [0] new loads - Teamcenter.POM at D:\workdir\tc113w0509_64\src\foundation\pom\pom\pom_most_interface_funs.cxx(6792)
INFO - POM shutdown complete. - Teamcenter.POM at D:\workdir\tc113w0509_64\src\foundation\pom\pom\pom_init.cxx(344)
INFO - 2019/01/24-22:52:12.672 UTC - NoId - Shutting down TCTP Server - Teamcenter.SOA.Server at D:\workdir\tc113w0509_64\src\server\soa_framework\server\code\TctpGatewayServer.cxx(89)
INFO - 2019/01/24-22:52:12.672 UTC - Thread-14224: - Accept aborted.- Teamcenter.SOA.Tctp
INFO - 2019/01/24-22:52:12.797 UTC - Thread-14224: - TctpServer tcserver911@8085@WI-INF-TCEP-01@7780 is stopped.- Teamcenter.SOA.Tctp
INFO - 2019/01/24-22:52:12.797 UTC - NoId - Teamcenter Server Exiting. - Teamcenter.SOA.tcserver_itk_main
POM enquiries statistics: created 3606, undone 0, deleted 3492, queried 21112
@@@ End of session Thu Jan 24 23:52:12 2019 W. Europe Standard Time

4 REPLIES

Re: Session timeout for 4-Tier clients

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
In INSWEB, for the application building tc.war, you want to pay attention to the SOFT_TIMEOUT_[EDIT | READ] since this is the value used for a "busy" pool. If your pool is not busy then HARD_TIMEOUT_[EDIT | READ | STATELESS] might be the right settings. You are interested in values of 28800 (8hrs * 60min * 60sec = 28800sec).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Legend

Hi Randy, thanks for your response. I also tried setting the timeouts, mentioned by you, to lower values. Unfortunately, it did not help.

Highlighted

Solution Partner Legend

Hello Randy,

I had contacted GTAC for the issue. There seems to be known issue with modification of context parameters in Insweb. The paramters should be reflected in globalPoolConfig.properties file in the WEB-INF\lib\JETIServerAccessor.jar – which resides in the TC.war file. This was not happening in my case. Doing "Reinstall Solutions" in Web App Manager was the trick.

HARD_TIMEOUT_STATELESS is the parameter that needs to be set.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Double kudos. Likely this also applies to Deployment Center which is taking over the functionality of INSWEB (building tc.war). Thanks for following up.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4