Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Header for outgoing Requests

Experimenter
Experimenter

We want to instrument the Teamcenter rich client with dynatrace (http://dynatrace.com/) monitoring, and to get a better grasp of User Experience we want to utilize OpenKit (https://github.com/Dynatrace/openkit-java).

To get full end to end visibility, we need to set an additional header for outgoing webrequests.

We found a method in:  tcSession..getSOACOnnection.getSender.getTransaport which seemed right, but it is privat.

Is there a way to set an additional header for outgoing requests?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Set Header for outgoing Requests

Creator
Creator

Hi pahofmann,

Did you implement Teamcenter monitoring with Dynatrace? We are thinking of a solution to monitor our Teamcenter systems and we would like to meet other companies with the same problem and possible solutions, as well as their feelings about it.

Can you tell us something?

I presented at PLM World 2018 on the need for Teamcenter development to support this. (Maybe now it's just 'sour grapes'). After my presentation, I discussed this with the Siemens SME and found that Siemens is already sending the usage data back for "customer service" but they do not allow us to tap into it.

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor

Dynatrace certainly looks better than Nagios XI/TSMA for monitoring/consuming JMX adapters. I've also looked at Java Flight Recorder/Java Mission Control instead of JConsole/Java VisualVM. None of them come close to Dynatrace but JFR/JMC does support some trouble shooting (method profiling/latency profiling). We definitely need more to affect true change/performance in our applications.

Monitoring.png

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter
The Server Side instrumentation with Dynatrace is no issue, and you can also get JMX metrics integrated easily.

What we struggled with was getting the instrumentation for Real User Monitoring of the rich client with OpenKit. As you need to adapt the client code we could only do this for the parts where we have extended the client with plugins, but that was enough to get visibility.

Regards
Patrick