cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting handler values

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello All,

I would like to learn if there a way to set the handler arguments dynamically during the workflow process either by user interaction or through a custom handler.

one example; I am trying to set the -rev_rule argument with different values for the handler EPM-check-assembly-status-progression. Greately appreciate your help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Setting handler values

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

user interaction with workflow is pretty hard to realize as the workflow is running on the server. If you pop-up a GUI it is on the server and not on the client.

With custom handler I am pretty sure that it can be done although I have no real experience with it.

xtof

Genius
Genius

True, workflow handlers execute on server, but it's not possible to throw UI from custom handler. Server (C/C++) does not have any API to create UI.

You have few options:

1. If you have few well defined situations in which you want to use different revision rules, you can make use of conditional tasks. Depending upon what those conditions are, you can write custom handler to set conditional value of the task result.

2. Manage those situation criteria using a taxt file. Your custom handler will then read it and interpret it accordingly.

3. If these situations are not well defined (and really are dynamic based on what user want to select), then only option is to have an UI in the form of a form. and user EPM-create-form and or EPM-display-form handlers. This is the only handler that will throw an UI via workflow.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you Yogesh. I will try your solution.