Kindly refer attachment.

I am usu TEAMCENTRE Rapid Start version 12.1

Thanks & Regards,

Irfan Pathan

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Smart ITEM Code

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

You can only have one counter in the ID Generator rule. You could make your first value an LOV, then you can create as many conditions & concatenation rules to match the number of values in the LOV's to give you this ability to get a unique counter on each one. Be aware that ID Generator doesn't allow save as and the last that I checked it didn't work with the CAD integrations.

Read through these posts as it might answer some of your questions.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/How-could-set-Smart-...

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/initial-value-for-ru...

Jamie

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA

Re: Smart ITEM Code

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Thank for give solution & information for "only one counter use in ID" 

I have one Year field in ITEM code.

XX                                       XXX                                                    XXX

Project Year (2019)          Project No (LOV : 001 to 200)        Counter (000 to 999)

With your suggesion I have create condition as following:

o.s2_01_Year="19" and o.s2_04_ProjectNo="001''

It working successfully now. But I have created 200 conditions for same. It is take long time.

When PROJECT YEAR will changed to "2020",  all conditions were useless & require update in conditions (replacement of 19 to 20). Now it also take long time  &  It will change every NEW year.

Any shot method for same.

Thanks,

Irfan Pathan