Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart folder in project

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello,

I trying to use filters in the application project, I would like to filter with properties and with the status of Item Revision.

I have a problem to have a filter with tha "Working" status (NO STATUS).

How can I say I want to see in that smart folder just Item Rev with no status ?

First filter with a propertie (working well)First filter with a propertie (working well)second filter with "valide" status (working well)second filter with "valide" status (working well)What I need to put with no status ?What I need to put with no status ?

Best regards Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES

Re: Smart folder in project

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

You could achieve the filtering (ItemRev with no status) with a new custom property on your item Revision and set up the smart folder filters to check for property 'value'. You may want to use the 'InitialValue' property constant on the new property to assign a value to 'Working' status.

Harish

Solution Partner Genius
Thank you Harish for your reply,

Your idea would be working but how would you make the items rev with a status not shown in the Working folder.
As I understood your proposition with the initial value, it would mean that all the revision have the working property.

Benjamin

Solution Partner Phenom

Hello Benjamin,

A tweak will be required in your release mechanisms (workflows or other means) to do one of the following:

1. set value of new property to 'release status' value. So for statused item revision you would have the value say 'released' set to new property.
  2. Or blank out the value (value of 'working) for the new property as and when the item revision is statused.

Then set up different filters for 'working' folder (check for new property == working) versus 'valide' folder (retain the existing filter using last_release_status).

Let me know if I overlooked something.

Harish

Solution Partner Genius
Thank you.

One more thing, when I created my new properties, all my existing ItemRevision get the new propety.
The "problem" I have ItemRevision "Valide" with the new custom property in "working" so i see my valide item in my smartfolder working.

It is possible that my old ItemRevision not get the new property ?

Best regards,

Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

Using configuration it is not possible to prevent new property on old item Revision.

In my mind there are 2 approaches for the problem:

1. Set the new property type (new property I mentioned in my old post) to compound (set the path to release_status_list - ReleaseStatus.name)  and then set initialValue to 'Working'. 
  2. Configure a quick 1 step workflow to update the value of 'Working' to some other value for old Item Revision

Let me know if these sort out the problem

Harish

Solution Partner Genius

Hello,

Thank you.

The first approache seems the best.

But I have a problem with I had a initial value in my coumpound properties

my coumpound propertymy coumpound propertyProperty constant : modifiable and initialvalueProperty constant : modifiable and initialvalueerror message when I try to create an intemerror message when I try to create an intem

Why Teamcenter indicate the property is not modifiable ?

For information, if I let initialvalue without value I don't have the error and I Have the property empty.

Do you have any idea ?

Best regards,

Solution Partner Genius

Hello Harish,

Do you have any lead or hint about my last message ?

Thank you for the help.

Best regards,

Benjamin

Solution Partner Phenom

Hello Benjamin,

The issue is probably due to the fact that Teamcenter is attempting to assign an initial value of 'Working' without a 'release status' object (we have not released yet).

I had a thought about it and 'initial Value == working'  will pose issues (one way or the other) in the scenario of existing released item revision. Instead, my other approach might work: to selectively set the value of new property to 'Working' for existing released Item Revisions.

Harish