cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solidworks assembly update from Structure Manager Bomview

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello Experts

I am working in a project with several CAD intergrations, and i am facing some questions about SWIM integration.

The normal behaviour for NX and CATIA integrations (related to assembly components) is that you create a assembly in CAD, and then you save it into Teamenter (with all components). If you open the BOMview created in Structure Manager ans make some changes, when you open the ItemRevision (or Dataset) that contains the assembly, the CAD system opens the assembly with the modifications in the structure that you have made in structure manager, with no problems.

But, in Solid works integration, i have not found the way yo do this!!! In the open menu, the structure is correct, you can select dependencies, checkouts and so on, but once you press open, the structure is open in Solidworks exactly the same way that was saved from Solidworks, so no changes made in structure manager are applied. Also it

Is hard to me to believe that SWIM is not able to manage BOM changes bidirectionaly.

Has anyone any comment or configuration that can help me?

Kind Regards

Angel Romero

1 REPLY

Re: Solidworks assembly update from Structure Manager Bomview

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Check out the "bom_map" section of swim.xml explained in the SWIM Admin Guide. Just a guess.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2