Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solved: Error while installing Teamcenter 12: POM004

Hello,

recently I tried to install TC11 and also TC12 but both installations fail with the POM004 Error Message.

I've already read, that this is often due to a license connection problem but first off:

Virtual Box Server with:

Windows Server 2016

MSSQL 2016 Database

and configuration as in the manual.

The License Server is placed on a different "real" Server.

Both Machines can communicate to each other, ping works and as well the communication analysis commands provided with the license server show no problems. Firewalls were shut down for installation.

Finally, in the logfile tc_install.log, there are the last lines:

ERROR creating user "tcadmin" from SA_create_user_with_license_information.
515245 - The number of active Author users (1) exceeds the number of purchased licenses (0).
(make_user) logging in...

This seems to be clear, what do I have to check now?!

I've also attached the License Server Logfile, there is some activity, but I dont understand what is wrong now.

Please find attached some screenshots and error logs.

Thank you very much in advance.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Error while installing Teamcenter 12: POM004

if the issue is 

515245 - The number of active Author users (1) exceeds the number of purchased licenses (0).
(make_user) logging in...

then there must be one of the following reasons,

1) Your TC is not able to connect License Server (as you mentioned already you can ping the License Server from Application server but sometimes when ports are blocked we might get the ping response but not able to connect on that specific port )

check for the port (28000 by default for License)

2) Your License file might be incorrect/expired.

Regards,

Ganesh

Thanks Ganesh,

to exclude those things, I disabled the firewalls on both machines, so everything should be open, right?

In the License Server logfile, the are many entries like the following:

12:49:43 (ugslmd) OUT: "teamcenter_admin" infodba@TcServer  

12:49:43 (ugslmd) IN: "teamcenter_admin" infodba@TcServer 

That was during the installation that failed so it looks to me as if a license is checked in and out, so it works or am I wrong?

The expiry is permanent.

Is there anything else (e.g. logfiles) I can share to find the cause?!

exact similar thing I have faced earlier, you can check those solutions suggested to me that time in below link,

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/515245-The-number-of...

and lastly, I came to know that it was a connection issue.

Can you also validate your license file? how many Author licenses are there in your license file?

and I don't know why it is trying to create "tcadmin" user? when it is a new installation? is it your OS User name?

"ERROR creating user "tcadmin" from SA_create_user_with_license_information."

Regards,

Ganesh

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
This is definitely a license issue. But it could be the version of the license software or the license file itself. You had an error very early on in "install_config1_1902151216.txt": Cannot connect to license server system. command_exit=-15

The error occurred when it was running: C:\tc\bin\check_license_server_version -appversion 12000.0.0.20180710.

Can you check/attach the FlexLM log? Note: the log is overwritten when you restart the license service so it may not be valid anymore.

Why the installation continued, despite the error, is a mystery. And why it is able to pull the license for infodba (DBA/dba) and not for tcadmin (Engineering/Designer) is a mystery. Hopefully, the flexlm log will show "invalid software version for the given license" or something similar. Then we only need to install the latest SPLM License Server software to resolve the problem.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Gentlemen, I appreciate your support.

"tcadmin" is the windows account I created and added the "log on as a service" right.

This is also the SQL Server Administrator I have added when choosing the mixed mode in the SQL installation.

One more question: Which account should the TC SQL Services log on(see the screenshot)?tcsqlservices.JPG

When they are at default, I think it was "network service" the installation fails earlier because of a SQL access error, I changed them to the installation account which worked so far, but I'm not sure if it is ok?!

Actually I have tried to install the teamcenter directly on the machine that is also the license server to avoid problems due to virtual servers and network settings. It is failing with the same error.

The License Server is version 9.1.0.6

I attached the FLXlm log file and the license server communication test result.

In the splm_ugslmd.txt, one can see what the Host ID should be regarding the Composite but the actual Hostid is totally different... is this the cause for the problems?

Edit: Taking a look at the numbers there, it is a list of the MAC addresses of all the network adapters of the server...

When I ordered the license file, I gave the vendor the MAC Address of the network card which is the only one connected to the network, was that wrong?

@JensKlussmann, The license file contains the normal teamcenter_admin license which is being pulled for infodba successfully. However, the teamcenter_author/teamcenter_consumer licenses are prepended with TCUACAD. Maybe that's valid for TcRS (?) but normal licensing would be looking for the non-prepended license features names. So when creating the "tcadmin" user then make_user is trying to pull a license for teamcenter_author but cannot find it. You have 25 licenses for TCUACAD_teamcenter_author but is doesn't look like those are being pulled and you don't get a "denied" in the license file. The TCUACAD bundle package seems to be not honoring the author feature. Can you confirm that you are installing Teamcenter Rapid Start and not regular Teamcenter? You may need to work with your vendor to resolve this license issue.

Hello Randy,

it is a "normal" Teamcenter 11.2 or 12.0 I was trying to install, no Rapidstart.

It is an academic License bought as:

Teamcenter Unified Academic Perpetual License ProdID: TCUACAD100

At the moment I am in contact with the vendor to check the License file.

The Academic bundle 'TCUACAD' does cause issues when Tc is looking for a license (e.g. nx_integration) yet the bundle calls it something else (e.g. TCUACAD_nx_integration). Usually the solution is to assign the bundle in Tc Organization, select dba user, set License Bundle, which resolves issues when importing seed parts using tcin_template_setup.bat.

However, you're seeing the problem during installation, which is before you're able to open Organization to make the License Bundle assignment. In your case, I think you have no other choice but to install using "infodba" and not some other user ("tcadmin"). You can change it to some other user after installation and you are able to assign the bundle correctly. But, for the initial installation, it must be infodba, unless your vendor knows of another way. Keep us posted.