Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error while installing Teamcenter 12: POM004

OK, thats a good hint. I've already seen that it is possible to install everything without licensechecking by using a infodba user account but thougt that it must be possible the "normal" way... I will try that and report. At the moment, my vendor has no clue and wanted to contact Siemens.

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
To be clear, infodba works because teamcenter_admin is not included in the bundle (exists outside of it - not prepended with the bundle name). The infodba user still consumes a license as you've seen in the license log. I hope that's clear.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Recently I managed to install Teamcenter the way you described.

In addition, my vendor created and incident at Siemens which was recently answered:

If you are using an academic license bundle (TCUACAD), the Teamcenter application will not be able to find the correct licenses contained within a bundle.
To resolve this issue, you need to set a variable at the OS level to define the bundle:
UGS_LICENSE_BUNDLE=TCUACAD

Thank you for your support!

Re: Error while installing Teamcenter 12: POM004 ONLY WORKS WITH INFODBA OS USER

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Randy,

Let me introduce myself, I am professor of manufacturing engineering al Polytechnic University of Valencia and responsible of PLM subject in master´s degree.

I am implementing Teamcenter for the PLM subject with together with NX and I have suffered this issue.

I would like to thank all of you about this post and I do confirm that it is needed the OS user “infodba” for the implementation with administrative privileges.

Thanks all of you.

Carlos

Re: Error while installing Teamcenter 12: POM004 ONLY WORKS WITH INFODBA OS USER

That is true, I did not change the OS user after installation, so the license bundle was accessible for creating new TC users with the OS user "infodba", the ONLY way it is possible to install an academic TC!

But be honest: Why isn't Siemens implenting this information in the manual?