Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Character in item_id

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello

I have tried to create a naming rule which accepts * as a sufix of my item_id.

But * is a wildcard for windows and teamcenter, therefore sometimes Teamcenter can't open datasets in NX because it finds more than one item that achieve the query criteria (for example, item_id PA01234-MOD and PA01234*).

I found in documentation that it is recommended that you do not use some characters in item IDs to avoid potential database issue, but * is not listed.

refer:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/10.1.6/help/#uid:xid1048845

And lastly, I found a preference in teamcenter that could solve my problem (TC_pattern_match_style), changing the wildcard to sql style (using % instead *)...

Has anyone had this kind of problem? Any comments about the use of TC_pattern_match_style?

Regards

Wagner 

TC 10.1.6.1 | NX10

Wagner Arruda, Continuous Improvement Department, Industrias Romi S.A.
Production: TC10.1.7.1 | NX12.0.2 | T4O11.2.2
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Special Character in item_id

Genius
Genius

Why would you want the item ID to have * as suffix?

I expect user confusion/training challenges.

Re: Special Character in item_id

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello @mss,

We recently started using teamcenter, before that, we used oracle ebs and * was not a problem (because of sql query style, wildcards are % and _).

We already have more than 26,000 items created with this suffix and there are documentation referenced to them.

How to change the item ID will not be so simple, we are looking for ways to make it and having the smallest impact on migration.

This practice does not seem to be common in teamcenter, but we have to test all oppotunities before change our standards for new items and item IDs.

Thanks for the answer.

Wagner Arruda, Continuous Improvement Department, Industrias Romi S.A.
Production: TC10.1.7.1 | NX12.0.2 | T4O11.2.2