Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a 4tier client session via command line

Creator
Creator

Is it possible to log into a 4tier rich client by passing command line arguments?

portal.bat -u=%username% -p=%password% -g=%group

Or maybe modify the portal.bat file and have those be arguments passed to Teamcenter.exe?

Siemens provides countless programs that can be executed from the command line that log into teamcenter and do well...anything and everything. I can't seem to find something that just allows me to log into the rich client though.

I feel like I am missing something so incredibly obvious here. This should be possible, right? Anyone have any ideas here on how to do this?

2 REPLIES

Re: Starting a 4tier client session via command line

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Be very careful that you are not violating your license agreement with Siemens. There are very few use-cases where Siemens will allow a generic login that can be used by multiple people. One is for manufacturing where the "machine" is licensed to allow shift workers to login. Another is for TcIF/LDF for communicating with other applications but requires a special "services" license. They brand their licensing "Named User" for a reason.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Re: Starting a 4tier client session via command line

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend
It is possible by supplying vmargs Dautologin.user and Dautologin.pass to Teamcenter.exe

start Teamcenter.exe %* -vm "%JRE_HOME%\bin\javaw.exe" -vmargs -Dautologin.user=<user> -Dautologin.pass=<password>