Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Status flags

Using NX9 and TC 10

How would you go about changing the flags for the different status?  currently a checkered flag shows for released, inactive, and obsolete.

Note, I am not a TC admin, I'd just like to present some "go here, do this" to our admin.

Also, can you make it impossible to add a component that is obsolete or inactive, to an assembly in NX?  or at least pop up a warning?

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveK
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Status flags

[ Edited ]

Dave,

You can certainly add a custom icon for the each status type. For which, Your admin has to do the following things.

1) Create an custom icon based on the different status (It should be 16 x16 pixels and in PNG Format)

2) Right click on the status type in BMIDE and add the icons to project.

3) Deploy the template.

4) Have to create a custom configuration file add to each rich client installation manually and reset the registry / create a .jar file add it to the OTW Script.

Secondly, I am not sure if we could get a warning. But with the access manager you can restrict to see the obsolete revisions of the items from the view and searching. That way one cannot add it to the assembly.

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

Teamcenter 10.1.3
TC Visualization 10.1.3 (Custom Patch)
NX:8.5 | NX 9.02 | Catia V5 R2012 | AutoCAD 2015 | In-Context Editor |

[ Edited ]

Thanks!

I suspect there are other OOTB flags, like the checkered flag?  red, yellow, etc.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveK
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hello,

I would request you to check \\portal\plugins folder for the jar file for icons.

If not available then create one as written below:

com."Prefixname".icons_"version".0."revision".jar

it should contain com\teamcenter\rac\common folder create a folder icon and copy paste your png files.

create a 'common_user.properties' file which should contain these 2 lines for every status

release_status_list.'Name'.ICON=icon/'NAME'.png
release_statuses.'NAME'.ICON=icon/'NAME'.png

after the jar file is updated. Start TC Prompt and commit portal\registry\'name'.bat file

make sure while using TC Prompt all the processes regarding the Teamcenter are killed.

Hope this might help you.

Hello,

Can any one please explain in short what what it exactly means of different color of flag.

like green color means released.

[ Edited ]

In respect to Rapid Start releases the colours are:

Red (90)          Obsolete

Green (60)      Released

Blue (30)         Development

Grey (20)        Reviewed

Black (10)       Rejected

There is also:

Magenta (40)

DarkGreen (50)