Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

TC 11.2.3 Tier4 clients problem

We had a problem with our dba account and some options where deleted. Now the tier 4 clients cant launch NX neither TCvis from TC (previously to that problem it worked perfectly).

My translation for the error message to english:

No available route for Enterprise: xxxxxxxxxx, transientvolume:xxxxxxxxxxxx
   Note: In general, it is due to a problem with configuration, master configuration of FMS wasnt updated   with    proper ID of volume of access (It is neccesary to restart FMS).
   It also can point to a configuration of multisite without information about company.

Any idea what option should I set again?

6 REPLIES

Re: TC 11.2.3 Tier4 clients problem

The Transient Volume ID is a computed value using the combination of Enterprise ID and the values of Transient_Volume_RootDir and Transient_Volume_Installation_Location. Changes to either of those values will result in a new Transient Volume ID. The ID is stored both in a preference (Default_Transient_Volume_Id) and a setting in the FMS Master. Run "backup_xmlinfo" in a TC command prompt to find the real value then set the preference and the FMS Master to match.

The error can also mean that the transientVolume_infodba folder could not be reached (or accessed). For instance, it was created at C:\Users\infodba\AppData\Local\Temp\4 but TC is looking for it at C:\Users\infodba\AppData\Local\Temp, where the 4 was added as the "session" number. You may need to disable "Do not use temporary folders per session" which is enabled by default in WS2012.

As you can tell, the root cause of the error can be many things. More information is needed to properly diagnose it.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Thank you Randy, I can see the preference in options, but this is what I get if I run backup_xmlinfo:

This utility provides Teamcenter volume information for backup and FMS configura
tion. For FMS configuration, if you intend to use mounted Transient Volumes on all
TcServer hosts, then run this utility after setting the environment variable:
Transient_Volume_Installation_Location = Troy (or Cypress, Milford, etc.) Syntax - backup_xmlinfo
        -u=<userid> {-p=<password> | -pf=<password file>} -g=<group>

Maybe I should type dba user and password but as I dont know this command I am a bit worried of breaking something.

I am almost sure that the reason the conexion between TC and NX/TCvis is broken is due to some preference that has been set to default, because that happened to all of them and no other change was made.

You will need to supply the username and password for someone belonging to the DBA group. Usually we just use infodba. e.g. backup_xmlinfo -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba
This util will query the DB and create a backup.xml file with the values for the volumes (including the transient volume. The backup.xml file will reside in the same directory the utility was run in. Here's an important tip, you want to run the util on the same server where you are running server manager (or pool manager if you're J2EE). A transient volume should exist on every server running server manager. However, you can have only one "default" transient volume but you can have multiple transient volumes. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you! I have readed the transientvolume code and there is the same code in preferences that the one that appears in backup_xmlinfo. But it is different that the transietvolume code that appears in the error message for the tier4 clients.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Javiduc
‎06-14-2017 07:54 AM

Can you attach the Backup.xml, FMS Master and values for Teamcenter preferences along with the error message? Might be easier to compile a doc and attach the doc.

Finally our TC dealer company have repair it. The problem was the transient_volume_id it have been changed. 

Anyway, thank you very much.