Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC License Usage

Hello Team,

I can understand, Teamcenter has licensed users not concurrent users, so each active user must also have an active user license. for example, If you have 10 Teamcenter author licenses, then you can only have 10 active users at the level author.

1. But what if in case I have so many TC sites, will it work in the same way?

I mean in case you are TC service provider, so each of your developers will be having his own database server, instance, TC Server & TC Client. In that case, will it work in the same way?

2. I think it will allow you to create that number of users per site?

3. or it will work as floating basis means whenever the user logged then only License should be consumed?

Regards,

Ganesh

3 REPLIES

Re: TC License Usage

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Each company that you provide the service for will need to have their own sold-to. Each sold-to will be tied to a license. That's how they track usage and maintenance. A license pulled during the month is pulled for the entire month.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

@RandyEllsworth Thanks,

But that license file will be having number of users limit, so i should be able to create that number of users only.

if i am pointing to that License, without considering the sites & servers i have configured.

is this correct?

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
I don't think so. I believe the enterprise id as well as the user id is part of their formula for computing license usage.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4