Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC VIs with Thin Client

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am tryig to configure TC thin client with TCvis-Base. and having some challenges. trying to setup in a windows  test machine

1. Intsalled TC VIs- Base
  2. configured TC thin Client
  3. Enabled TC Vis preferencs as sugested by siemens
  4. Already rich client is already install on this system, so didnt install any standalone TCCS
  5. when i launch Thin client, i get this pop-up
  6. Capture1.JPG

i googled and tried many solutions, and still cant find solution on why this warning  error is coming up

Thanks  in Advance

10 REPLIES

Re: TC VIs with Thin Client

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
A stand-alone TCCS/FCC is required for the thin client but since you already have the Rich Client installed then the User Environment Variable FMS_HOME should point to a valid tccs directory and be able to start up.

Its likely that an add-on may be interfering with IE or that IE isn't able to startup the java add-on.
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3892/manage-and-troubleshoot-addons-in-internet-explorer-8/
You may need to add the server name for the web tier to Java. Control Panel, Programs, Java > Security (tab), Exceptions Site List.

You can also try a different browser, like Firefox.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks,

1. added the site to expetion list, 
  2. installed fire fox - same issue
  3. further, when i click on JT, it opens another tab and shows error like belwo

Capture1.JPG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Here is the addon that are allowed

Capture2.JPG

Solution Partner Phenom
The ticket is likely an FMS ticket for retrieving a file. But the address seems malformed? Should have /tc/webclient/some.vvi?...

The *.vvi is a Teamcenter Visualization session file. Can you try sending just a JT instead of the whole session?

Solution Partner Phenom
To enable object visualization in standalone viewers, Teamcenter uses visualization session (.vvi) files. Each time an object visualization task is sent from a Teamcenter thin client, a .vvi file is automatically generated to provide the context and necessary data links to the viewer. Technically, it is a normal text file that uses an INI-like syntax. Serving as pointers, such .vvi files can be opened in the standalone Teamcenter viewer. On Microsoft Windows machines with Teamcenter installed, the .vvi file type is associated with the Lifecycle Visualization executable (VisView.exe).

Creator
Creator

Hello, 

It looks liked your IE is running in 32 bit mode. Can you please try by adding below registry entry?

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

TabProcGrowth=0

Also disable Java content for Browser and re-enable it. ( Java-->Security)

Please close running IE and try again?

Thank you

Pioneer
Pioneer

hello experts

aplogies for not replying, my laptop crashed and couldnt replicate the tests, so got a brand new widnows DELL 5520 laptop

here is my java settings

from C:\Program Files\internet explorer, i launched 64bit IE, disabled java contetnt in browser, please observe my last screenshot for applet error/warning.

logged ticket with GTAC, but still no solutions yet

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.png

Pioneer
Pioneer

i used chrome, which default browser used, but in chrome there is no warnings, but as per GTAC  first test is to see if

i can get list of assigned FSC's but nothing happens either in chrome/IE

Capture4.png

Creator
Creator

try with enabling 64 bit JAVA add on. Also disable 32 JAVA and enable java in browser