Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC Vis displays red 'X' mark

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Two certain assemblies that I need to be viewing give me red X's in VIS and no more information
I tried this on two different computers and both give the same issue.

Many, many, other assemblies work perfectly with TC and VIS

Could any of you help me with this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: TC Vis displays red 'X' mark

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

If you expand those assemblies, I am assuming that there are parts or sub-assemblies below them, correct? Each of those parts or sub-assemblies have red X's as well, correct?

Get one of the part item revision that has a red X and navigate to that in Teamcenter Rich Client. Is there a JT / DirectModel dataset under the item revision? Does it have a Rendering relationship back to the item revision? Is there a named reference in the dataset? If you select the item revision in My Teamcenter and display the Viewer tab on the right, does that part display? Probably not is my guess.

Creator
Creator

The assembly & part do get displayed on the Viewer and have the required named references.

In fact, when I right click on the part and select reload, then the part is displayed properly on VIS. But its the first time when I load in VIS I get this error.

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Interesting. Not sure I have seen this before. You can try and troubleshoot this by looking at the File --> Preferences --> File Locate --> Search Log tab. If you double click one of the rows, it will pull up more information about the parts being loaded from each document.

You will need to click the File Logging button and choose an option to log Missing Parts or All Parts.

Try to load the assembly again and see if there is any information about the missing parts.