Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC upgradation issue (remove BMIDE project template from TC)

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi All,

I am new in Teamcenter, please pardon me if I used the wrong terminology.

We are facing issues when we try to upgrade Teamcenter from TC11.6 to TC12.2.

What happened, I had made some BMIDE changes, then deployed it (hot deployment in TC11.6), these changes are no more used in the TC, so I removed it. However, when I try to upgrade team-center to 12.2 it is asking for that BMIDE template and deployment didn’t proceed. 

The main requirement here I want to remove BMIDE project from TC11.6 itself? so that it won’t be asking for that template during upgradation, Is it feasible?

Your help will be much appreciated

Thanks,

Rajendra

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: TC upgradation issue (remove BMIDE project template from TC)

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Your questions could launch into many different discussions and there are alot of things that could be talked about. Lets start with the easiest first. You have two choices

1) Leave the BMIDE template in place. Almost  every customer I know has at least 1 BMIDE template or more. There are about 70 different configuration points within the BMIDE that allow you to change the behavior of the system. So its highly likely you will still need it in the future. To get past your problem with upgrade you have to upgrade your BMIDE template first (before performing the upgrade on the environment). use the BMIDE from 12.2 to import your BMIDE template source code. There are instructions for this in the upgrade guide.

This would be my prefered choice for you as it is the easiest and least painful.

2) Remove the BMIDE template. There are instructions on how to do this. Go to GTAC/Documentation/teamcenter, look for the BMIDE Best Practices Guide. There is a section in there about how to remove a BMIDE template from an environment. it works, but its not easy. Which is why I am recommending #1 choice.

Bob Donovan

Re: TC upgradation issue (remove BMIDE project template from TC)

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
Tried option 1 and issue get resolved, thank you so much