Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tc Tools Export

Pioneer
Pioneer

Using Tc 9.1.2.1

Selecting Tools-->Export-->Objects

I get to Target Sites and am forced to enter something here.  I have two sites I can choose from. I am new to this client, and am trying to figure out what these choices refer to, or where to look to make sure I use the coorect one.  This is NOT a multi-site installation
-Lindy

6 REPLIES

Re: Tc Tools Export

Genius
Genius

Hi Lindy,

Can you pls explain what is the requirement.

If its not multisite  collaboration, you should be looking at other options like Tools->Export>Objects to Excel. This will export your TC data into spreadsheet

Regards

Naveen

Pioneer
Pioneer

My peer is trying to move NX objects out of Tc to be used in Native NX.  
We are not a multi-site opoeration, so my question now is where did these come from, and or can we eliminate that?  (Or is it part object export functionailty?)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Exporting NX parts out of Teamcenter is best done from within NX with File => Export Assembly.

This is the only way to make sure that all interpart relations are correctly changed to point to the native part file name.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Pioneer
Pioneer
This is a large library of common parts that are reused, and he was advised by GTAC to use this method. Open to alternate method. Still curious as to where those IMC* selections come from????? L

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The IMC's come from PLMXML imports during an upgrade or patch (usually). They are a byproducts importing. If you are not using multisite they can be safely deleted. If they are referenced then you'll get an error trying to delete them and can investigate it further. Make sure you're logged in as infodba before deleting the sites in organization.

Best,

/Randy

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you!