Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TcIC catia2jt.bat for local convertion script not creating JT file in Teamcenter

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi All,

I am saving CATPart file from TCIC 12.0 as JT file inTeamcenter 11.4 using 'save' option from TCIC. I am able to save file successfully but in Teamcenter under JT file named refrence not created. Only for CATPart file named reference is getting created.

Anyone knows what actually creating problem? Any path in catia2jt.bat path need to be changed?

Thanks for your attention.

Thanks,
Sachin

3 REPLIES

Re: TcIC catia2jt.bat for local convertion script not creating JT file in Teamcenter

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, I have installed a translator for Catia for a long time, so I write that I remember.
1. In addition to TCIC, you need a translator PLM_Components_JT_Bidirectional_Translator_for_CATIAV5
2. You must configure catia2jt.bat, so that it uses the translator PLM_Components_JT_Bidirectional_Translator_for_CATIAV5PLM_Components_JT_Bidirectional_Translator_for_CATIAV5. How to do this was described in the documentation. But briefly, you need to specify the path to the translator and the executable file of the translator and change the lines where there are "CHANGE ME" or "REM MODIFIED" (I do not remember exactly)

If you can, post your catia2jt.bat and write the path where you have PLM_Components_JT_Bidirectional_Translator_for_CATIAV5 installed

Re: TcIC catia2jt.bat for local convertion script not creating JT file in Teamcenter

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed PLM_Components_JT_Bidirectional_Translator_for_CATIAV5 and given path in catia2jt.batch file. After this not getting any error but JT not created. Please see attached catia2jt.bat file.

Please let me know anything wrong in bat file. 

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon

1) Get rid of gaps in the path
set TS_INST="C:\Program Files\Siemens\JTTranslators\CATIAV5\12.0"
set CATIAV5_DIRENV=C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\CATEnv
2) You use the Siemens translator, so use
set V5_EXE=%TS_INST%\jt_catiav5.exe
3) You must use the lines for the Siemens translator, not the THEOREM translator

Also you can check the script via the command line:

REM On Windows, there is no SIEMENS Translator to convert V4 model into JT
REM
REM This script takes 3 input parameters:
REM-1st parameter: conversion type (0, 1 or 2)
REM-0: for converting a CATProduct
REM-1: for converting V4 files
REM -2: form converting V5 files.
REM - 2d parameter: file (s) to convert:
REM - if 1st parameter is 0, then the seconad parameter is file name (with full path).
REM - else the 2d parameters is a directory that contains the files to be converted.
REM - 3d parameter: the output directory. this directory will contain the JT files.
REM

Read this topic, I think you should set it up similarly:
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/TcIC-catia2jt-bat-fo...