cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TcRS 10.1.0 - missing NX-Integration

Builder
Builder

Hi Guys,

I try to install Teamcenter Rapid Start 10.1 with Nx10. I have preinstalled MSSQL2012 on a MS2012R2 Server. Also IIS-Role. NX10 is installed properly. I have setup the a database-template in SQL with the "create_database.sql.template" in the SQL-Server Management Studio.

Know I can start with installing of TcRS 10.1.0 (Base-Version). But there is no Feature-Option for the "Extension -> Teamcenter Integration for NX". In TcRS 10.1.6  I found this Option.:

TcRS10-Features.jpg

Starting with TcRS 10.1.4 It is there. Why we dont´t have it in the Base-Version? I could not test if NX is working with start from TC after installing the Base-Version. Did Siemens forgot it?

TC told me that the "nx0tcin_template.xml" is missing. I found it first in TcRS 10.1.4 in the installation Package.

I Tried also the SuperKit-Installation as discribed in an other place here. But this also doesn´t work. I can start tem.bat from TcRS10.1.6 an can select the Original-Media TcRS10.1.0, but not the Patch TcRs10.1.6.1. After starting installation I get several errors.

Michael

Michael Eichelberg, CAD-Consultant, Dr. Wallner Engineering Nord GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3 MP16, NX11.0.1 MP4
Development: Batch and VB Testing: NX12
6 REPLIES

Re: TcRS 10.1.0 - missing NX-Integration

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

You're right, it isn't there.  That's because NX 10 wasn't supported until Tc 10.1.2.2 and TcRS 10.1.4.  So you must update Teamcenter before you may install this feature.

Patrick (Pat) Kennedy, Sr. PLM Application Engineer, Acuity Solutions

Also, when using the super kit method always start TEM from the latest version you wish to install.  TcRs10.1.6.1 is a complete patch, so you should start TEM from there to use the super kit method.

Builder
Builder

OK, thats what I thought. But what happens if someone would like to install TCRS10.1 with NX9 or NX8.5 for Example. There is no "nx0tcin_template.xml". So TcRS in the Baseversion 10.1 is in my mind a joke, cause it doesn´t work with any Version of NX. Also I don´t understand the sense of "NX-Manager for Rich Client" in the Baseversion.

"nx0tcin_template.xml" wasn't required until NX 10...

Builder
Builder

I try the Superkit-Installation with the last Patch.

First I get this:

Superkit-1.jpg

Then I go on the 3 Points-Button to choose the Original-Media Location:

Superkit-2.jpg

And at last I choose the Update Version 10.1.6 with the Browse-Button and get this:

Superkit-3.jpg

Is this wrong? Do I have to choose only the Patch 10.1.6.1 and the Original Media 10.1.0?

You were doing great until you tried to add 10.1.6...  As the message implies, you cannot apply more than one patch when performing an initial install.  However, what you're doing is not necessary anyhow.  With Teamcenter 10.1 and newer, all maintenance packs (e.g. 10.1.6.1) are complete, or all-inclusive.  So they can be applied without the prior maintenance release (e.g. 10.1.6).