cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter 10.1.6 - can not install TC-Onlinehelp - tchelp.exe do nothing

Builder
Builder

Hy Guys,

I have succsesfully installed Teamcenter 10.1.6.1. Now I will install the Onlinehelp on the Server to provide it for all Clients.

First I install PLM Ducumentation Server - works fine, Dok-Server-Service is running.

Now I have to install the Documentation itself. I go into the distribution image ...\Tc10.1.6_pub and doubleklick (user has administrative rights - not MB3 -"as administrator"). First I have installed JAVA 8u60. With this I get the error "Windows error 2 occured while loading the JAVA VM".

I test it an my Laptop where I have JAVA 8u45 installed. There anything is working and the installer goes on. For this I deinstalled JAVA 8u60 on the server and install JAVA 8u45. If I try to run "tchelp.exe" InstallAnywhere is preparing the installation. Then this Windows closes and nothing happens any more. I try it als with JAVA 7u67, same result.

I have a documentation for installing the TC-help, but there was only this:

"Make sure a supported 64-bit JRE is installed" - Which is the supported Version?? I didn´t find anything in the excel-sheet on "hardware and software certifications" from Siemens. There was only "supported 7u17+". My tested versions where higher but not working!

Before anyone is asking:

Yes I have installed any new Windows Updates. I have set JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME

Hope anyone can help me.

Michael

Michael Eichelberg, CAD-Consultant, Dr. Wallner Engineering Nord GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3 MP16, NX11.0.1 MP4
Development: Batch and VB Testing: NX12
7 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter 10.1.6 - can not install TC-Onlinehelp - tchelp.exe do nothing

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Try to add LAX_VM as parameter to launchanywhere and then enter to full path to the java.exe:

LaunchAnywhereName LAX_VM "full_path_to_java_executable"

Builder
Builder

Hi,

no this doesn´t work. Tchelp-Installer starts, extracts something, close the window - and that it. Nothing happens. No open or froozen process.

Michael

Builder
Builder

Hi,

I have find the Problem which I have with "tchelp.exe". I have set an environment Variable "_JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xmx512M". When I delete this Variable "tchelp.exe" is working correct.

But now I don´t know if I need it for Teamcenter. I will create a separate Post for it.

Michael

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Make sure to use the latest SPLM Documentation server and the latest JRE.

Latest SPLM Docu Server is v2.0 available from the download site of GTAC.

Latest supported Java release is JRE 8u101.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm experiencing the same problem. I've set the env variable JRE_HOME and TEM is recognizing it well. I've JRE 8u101 installed, but when installing the tchelp.exe from 11.2.1 pub I'm getting the same error: Windows error 2 occured while loading the Java VM. Any suggestions?

Experimenter
Experimenter
There's a workaround. You start the tchelp.exe in the following format: <path to>\tchelp.exe LAX_VM "<path to>\java.exe”
i.e. e:\Software\TC\Tc11.2.1_pub\tchelp.exe LAX_VM "c:\Apps\java\jre8\bin\java.exe”

Experimenter
Experimenter

Set JRE64_HOME variable instead JRE_HOME