cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter 10 installation Error

Builder
Builder

Hello,

Teamcenter 10 installation failed while creating the security file. ANy suggestions?

Referred attached screenshot and log file.

16 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter 10 installation Error

Phenom
Phenom

As the file creation failed, it could be a write access problem.  Pls check that.

Probably launching tem.bat as Administrator would work.

Builder
Builder

@xplm2005,

I have tried as what you suggested,But still getting same error.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
have you tried to execute the command that causes the error on the shell? Maybe this gives some more information.
set TEM_SEENVA=testpassword

"D:\Siemens10\Teamcenter10\bin\install.exe" -encryptpwf -e=TEM_SEENVA -f="D:\Siemens10\Teamcenter10\security\config1_infodba.pwf_TEST"

Builder
Builder

@xtof,

I have an executed the command but returns an error "The application was unable to start correctly". Please find the attachd snapshot.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Running D:\Siemens10\Teamcenter10\bin\install.exe -h gives you the help on the shell?
Compare file sizes from install.exe to installation media, maybe get install exe from there and run the command again, run the command to create the pwf on another machine,...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The screen shot shows a "normal" command window running as admin. Hence, the C:\Windows\system32 at the prompt. You should be using a "Teamcenter" command window running as admin (set TC_ROOT, set TC_DATA, call TC_DATA\tc_profilevars.bat).

It's also a best practice not to run any commands while in the system32 directory as the command may try and write to logs, etc. Instead change to a temp directory.

1. Launch a Teamcenter command window as admin.
2. Change directory to C:\Temp
3. Run the command.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Builder
Builder

@RandyEllsworth,

I have tried whatever you suggested,but unable to resolve.Looking for oher possible solutions.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
The next thing to try is disabling all virus scanners. At least until the install is completed. It would be helpful if you posted the error each time that you try a solution as the error may change slightly or provide additional info that wasn't' shown before.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Builder
Builder

@RandyEllsworth,

Thanks for your suggestions. As u suggested, i have disabled all antivirus (uninstalled)and security related process. Although getting same error.