cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter 11.2 .Net webtier install success, but get error Tcp channel protocol violation: expectin

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dears

I have installed teamcenter 11.2 with .net webtier on iis 7 and windows server 2008r2, after installed it i got this error on my browsers

.NET�����������Á��System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Tcp channel protocol violation: expecting preamble.
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerSocketHandler.ReadHeaders()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()����

Please help me to solve itt.

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter 11.2 .Net webtier install success, but get error Tcp channel protocol violation: expe

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
It's likely a port conflict. Sometimes it is related to hardware issues like a Load Balancer routing packets to the wrong server or a Network Card issue. Disable firewall and virus scanners temporarily while testing in order to eliminate them as possible sources of the error.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: Teamcenter 11.2 .Net webtier install success, but get error Tcp channel protocol violation: expe

Experimenter
Experimenter
Dear Randy

I dont have antivirues and i disabled all firewalls, and dont have any problem with network card,
but i am not success with your way,
Please help me with another way to solve it,

Thanks

Solution Partner Phenom
Have you tried a different port number?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes i changed from 8085 to 8093

and all port is are opening and i check it with netstat

Solution Partner Phenom
I don't know how your client is sending TCP over an HTTP connection (hence, the error). Try uninstall/re-install the .NET Web Tier and ensure that your have the correct Roles enabled.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.3/help#uid:xid1256814:index_server_winSmiley Tonguearatentpres...