Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter 11.2 installation 2-tier error

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello,

I set JAVA_HOME,JRE64_HOME and JRE_HOME in environment manager, installed Mssql 12, I also have closed firewall and updates. However when I try to install Teamcenter 2 - tier it encounters an error as below: 

The error log life is at the attachment.

An error occurred during execution. Stack trace follows...
com.teamcenter.install.tceng.base.DatabaseSteps.processCommands(DatabaseSteps.java:1460)
com.teamcenter.install.tceng.base.DatabaseSteps.populate(DatabaseSteps.java:2048)
com.teamcenter.install.tceng.base.DatabaseSteps.install(DatabaseSteps.java:190)
com.teamcenter.install.tceng.base.Foundation.install(Foundation.java:194)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.tasks.JavaTask.execute(JavaTask.java:162)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.tasks.Task.execute(Task.java:128)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.tasks.blocks.CodeBlock.execute(CodeBlock.java:201)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.struct.TcFeature.processAction(TcFeature.java:1407)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.struct.TcFeature.process(TcFeature.java:1345)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.struct.TcFeature.process(TcFeature.java:1245)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.struct.TcFeature.process(TcFeature.java:1159)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.struct.TcFeature.install(TcFeature.java:1079)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.director.actions.InstallAction.execute(InstallAction.java:29)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.director.DirectorScript.execute(DirectorScript.java:143)
com.teamcenter.install.tem.director.Director.run(Director.java:134)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

8 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter 11.2 installation 2-tier error

Creator
Creator

Can you also share the bmide_schema log file here as well to see what error it contains?

Hello  @SRaj ,

Thanks for your reply. I took bmide_schema from "C:\Siemens\Teamcenter11\logs\1712261647" , there are 3 log files, to be sure I put all off them at the attachment.

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Looking at one of the log files, it shows that there are no admin licenses available ( the one underlined and bold below). I believe that could be the issue. Please check on this and try and I believe it should resolve your issue.

ERROR - 2017/12/26-13:56:19.006 UTC - NoId - -18 - Error while checking out the teamcenter_admin licnese. Error code = -18 - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tc at D:\workdir\tc112w0715_64\src\core\tc\check_license.cxx(1448)
ERROR - 2017/12/26-13:56:19.019 UTC - NoId - No teamcenter_admin license available - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tc at D:\workdir\tc112w0715_64\src\core\tc\check_license.cxx(1514)
NOTE - 2017/12/26-13:56:19.019 UTC - NoId - No teamcenter_author, teamcenter_consumer, tc_occasional_author or teamcenter_designer licenses available - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tc at D:\workdir\tc112w0715_64\src\core\tc\check_license.cxx(1547)
ERROR - 2017/12/26-13:56:19.019 UTC - NoId - -18 - UPS_CL_enter_module error -18 for module teamcenter_admin: Licensing Error, License server system does not support this feature.
Feature: teamcenter_admin
License server: \\CBSY\PLMLicenseServer\splm8.lic
FLEXnet error: -18,147.

Creator
Creator

Do you have Dispatcher and Multi-site setup in your instance? Usually they will consume Admin licenses. Teamcenter provides 2 free admin licenses - Infodba and dcproxy. So in case you have these 2 features, try to have these services running using other admin ids instead of infodba and dcproxy. Check the below SFB for more details. I think with this you can circumvent the license issue I guess.

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&q=teamcenter_admin&file...

I reinstall with a new license file, the installation frooze on 9/120 step. I put the new log file that you mentioned : path : "C:\Siemens\Teamcenter11\logs\1712271221" ; bmide_schema11b84426.syslog is at the attachment and screenshot is below. 

installation.JPG

Creator
Creator

Dillenger,

You need to check your license file..based on the logs...it clearly shows that there are no admin licenses available nor author licenses available. Please see if you have anough licenses.

Meanwhile, just a few questions for understanding the problem better:

1. It looks like you are just performing a 2-Tier installation (and not upgrade). Just a confirmation - please confirm.

2. Are you having a multi-site or Dispatcher installed in your instance? If so the admin licenses will be consumed there, hence asking the question.

3. Is this a trial license file? Please check if you have enough author or admin licenses free which are not being consumed by other instances or users.

ERROR - 2017/12/26-13:56:19.006 UTC - NoId - -18 - Error while checking out the teamcenter_admin licnese. Error code = -18 - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tc at D:\workdir\tc112w0715_64\src\core\tc\check_license.cxx(1448)
ERROR - 2017/12/26-13:56:19.019 UTC - NoId - No teamcenter_admin license available - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tc at D:\workdir\tc112w0715_64\src\core\tc\check_license.cxx(1514)
NOTE - 2017/12/26-13:56:19.019 UTC - NoId - No teamcenter_author, teamcenter_consumer, tc_occasional_author or teamcenter_designer licenses available - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tc at D:\workdir\tc112w0715_64\src\core\tc\check_license.cxx(1547)
ERROR - 2017/12/26-13:56:19.019 UTC - NoId - -18 - UPS_CL_enter_module error -18 for module teamcenter_admin: Licensing Error, License server system does not support this feature.
Feature: teamcenter_admin
License server: \\CBSY\PLMLicenseServer\splm8.lic
FLEXnet error: -18,147.

It has solved with your suggestions thank you very much. However when I try to install(run as administrator) four-tier it gives the error which is below. Do you have any idea about this?

permission.JPG

Creator
Creator

From the screenshot it looks like some access issue to the source icd directory. Please check on the permissions to that directory.