cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter 9.1 to 11.0 - JBOSS 5.1 to 6.3 - 4 Tier Communicat​ion Issues

Experimenter
Experimenter

We are in the process of upgrading Teamcenter from 9.1 to 11.0. We have successfully performed the upgrade, however, we are experiencing problems with the 4tier setup. We seem to have a problem with communication between the WAS and BLS, using SSL. We are using JBOSS 6.3. We can pull up the Teamcenter login page and login/authenticate to LDAP, however the webclient login times out, saying “no Business Logic Server” can be found. I have included the log from the JBOSS server also showing the “No business server instance is available” error and the log from the BLS ServerManager.log (I have scrubbed these logs for company specific information).

Log from /jboss-eap-6.3/standalone/log/server.log

08:48:00,269 INFO [stdout] (http-/0.0.0.0:9443-1) WARN - WORKSTATION.91587.Anonymous.00002 - 2016/06/15-12:48:00,268 UTC - JBOSSSERVER.COMPANY.com - No business server instance is available. Try again later. If this problem persists, please contact the system administrator.

08:48:00,271 INFO [stdout] (http-/0.0.0.0:9443-1) WARN - WORKSTATION.91587.Anonymous.00002 - 2016/06/15-12:48:00,268 UTC - JBOSSSERVER.COMPANY.com - No business server instance is available. Try again later. If this problem persists, please contact the system administrator.

Log from /teamcenter11/pool_manager/confs/NN_DNXT_BLS/logs/ServerManager/process/ServerManager.log WARN - WORKSTATION.40375.Anonymous.00001.Mgr - 2016/06/15-13:02:09,613 UTC - BLSSERVER.COMPANY.com - Bad status sending TCTP message to tcserver. code:500:Internal Server Error java.io.IOException: Bad status sending TCTP message to tcserver. code:500:Internal Server Error at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.TctpGatewayService.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.ServerPoolManager.invokeServer(Unknown Source)

at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.ServerPoolManager.access$1900(Unknown Source)

at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.ServerPoolManager$Assigner.loginServer(Unknown Source)

at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.ServerPoolManager$Assigner.assignServer(Unknown Source)

at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.ServerPoolManager.assignServer(Unknown Source)

at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.HttpServer$AssignmentServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)

Settings on JBOSS Server: /jboss-eap-6.3/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml /jboss-eap-6.3/bin/standalone.conf

if [ "x$JAVA_OPTS" = "x" ]; then

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1303m -Xmx1303m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=$JBOSS_MODULES_SYSTEM_PKGS -Djava.awt.headless=true"

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djboss.modules.policy-permissions=true"

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager" JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/opt/java/latest/jre/lib/security/cert"

Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter 9.1 to 11.0 - JBOSS 5.1 to 6.3 - 4 Tier Communicat​ion Issues

Experimenter
Experimenter

So after working nearly a week and half on this, it turns out that when we set the FQDN on all the servers, communication has was established between the servers. I admit, it's frustrating that we wasted so much time on this. I wish TC was more intuitive and Admin friendly.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am experiencing the same kind of errors, when trying to connect from the RichClient into TC Server 11.2.0 after a fresh install. Precisely, the log ServerManager contains:

ERROR - 10.202.0.141.77068.Anonymous.00001.Mgr - 2016/11/25-00:34:24,342 UTC - muctc002.site - Bad status sending TCTP message to tcserver.  code:500:Internal Server Error com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.TctpGatewayService
java.io.IOException: Bad status sending TCTP message to tcserver.  code:500:Internal Server Error
        at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.TctpGatewayService.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.ServerPoolManager.invokeServer(Unknown Source)
        at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.ServerPoolManager.access$1900(Unknown Source)
        at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.ServerPoolManager$Assigner.loginServer(Unknown Source)
        at com.teamcenter.jeti.serversubpoolmanager.ServerPoolManager$Assigner.assignServer(Unknown Source)

Please, detail the fix that you applied so as to get rid of those errors.

Best regards,

Corina

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

I am also facing the same above errror.Please let us know the solution.

Bad status sending TCTP message to tcserver. code:500:Internal Server

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Error: Bad status sending TCTP message to tcserver. code:500:Internal Server

Solution: Please delete the old shared memory and recreate the new shared memory.This will fix the issue.

Experimenter
Experimenter

The solution described in the previous reply worked also for me, precisely I deleted the folders V10000.1.0.31_20150207.00 from TC_SHARED_MEMORY_DIR (it was /tmp in my env).
In my case, it was also necessary start TC processes (pool manager, fsc) with root user (instead of tc user).