Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Teamcenter Admin View v7.0 released

[ Edited ]

Good day all;

Some of you maybe familiar with an app I developed to help admins with managing the Access Manager and Procedure/Workflow Manager. It is called Teamcenter Admin VIew and for a long time, it lacked support for the newer versions of Teamcenter, mainly because I didn't have the time to update it.

Here is my official description of the app:

Teamcenter Admin View is a utility that allows detailed analysis of configuration files for Teamcenter (TcUA) from Siemens PLM Software. It will allow you to view and analyze exported Ruletrees and Workflow Procedure files.

Well I was made redundant from General Motors here in Australia and so finally I have had the time to update it. It now should support the newer versons of Teamcenter. If you have any issues, please feel free to contact me and I will see what I can do to help. It is open-source so you can pull it from the Git repo and compile it yourself if you have issues around security.

It can be downloaded from SourceForge at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tceav/

Code is hosted on SourceForge and on GitHub at:

https://github.com/nader-eloshaiker/Teamcenter-AdminView

https://sourceforge.net/p/tceav/code/ci/master/tree/

Please feel free to use it as you see fit and let me know what you think of it.

Best Regards

Nader

4 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter Admin View v7.0 released

I am keen to get peoples feedback. If you found this tool of good use, please let me know and especially, which feature was of use to you?

Thanks in advance.

I'm a long time user of TcEAV. My favorite part is the workflow viewer. I often receive workflows from people that have questions and its nice to be able to load the workflow to analyze the handlers and arguments. Occassionally, I use the rule tree feature. After people upgrade to Tc11.2, I won't use the rule tree feature anymore.

Best,

/Randy

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Hi Randy, thanks for taking the time. Yeah I originally developed the tool to read in rule trees so that it could help me consolidate different databases but later on added the workflow part to help review procedures from other sites without having to load them into my instance of teamcenter.

Whats's Changibg in teamcenter 11 that will reduce the need for this tool?

Tc11.2 introduces "Admin Data" and several tools to manage it. You can you the command line or TEM to import/export/report/compare Admin Data. Admin Data consists of: Access Manager Rules, Organization, Preferences, Project, Revision Rules, Saved Queries, Stylesheets, Subscriptions and Workflow.

Basically, the tools enable you to take a snapshot in time. You can compare one against another to see what's changed over time in your env or what has changed from env to env. SUPER USEFUL! And my heartfelt "thank you" shout out to Bob Donovan for introducing these tools.

The granularity and thoroughness of the "Administration Data Documentation" report are stellar! Differences between reports during a "Administration Data Compare" are highlighted so they easily catch your eye. You can dive down into the report from the summary to find and display the exact difference.

As an archive tool, it has no equal. The Access Manager Test Harness lets you play around with the rules and tree to get the exact result you expect BEFORE deploying! Truely we are blessed having such an simple way to run a test suite with easily visible pass/fail results in a dashboard style report.

If you have access to the Siemens PLM Connection 2015 presentations then you need to see "Tools that Make Managing Deployments Easier". It's a real eye opener.

Best,

/Randy

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2