cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter Administrator : Over the web Installations

Experimenter
Experimenter

Is there a way a perform over the web 4-tier installations on windows clients where the operating system doesnt have admin access ?

Is there a way to elevate the installation process to get higer privliages ?

Thanks.

BR,

CK

2 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter Administrator : Over the web Installations

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

No. You need to install as administrator or create a wrapper that installs with higher privs.

Another option is to open up permissions on the installation folder itself but this requires the IT group to implement a policy. I like that option because it allows OTW to function normally menaing, that the OTW client is updated when a user logs in. Without having the policy in place then OTW would be broke meaning, that a client update will fail due to lack of permissions.

My recommendation is to open permissions for users to C:\Siemens (and all child folders) where you should install the OTW rich client (C:\Siemens\OTWNX) or not use OTW at all. You can create a silent install for TEM instead that elevates permissions and since admin rights are required for updates this makes sense. Either open permissions for OTW or use TEM instead.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: Teamcenter Administrator : Over the web Installations

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks Randy for the reply. I will check with my IT team if they open up the permissions since i really would like to use the OTW.