Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter Application & DB Server Migration

Hello

We are moving Application TC 10.1.6 & Database Servers from cloud to another DC, hosted internally

Both Database (MS SQL Server) & Application Services (WIndows) will be migrated. Appllcation integrated with Solidworks, Catia, ECAD & TC Visualization. Can some one provide me the doumentation OR steps involved in migrating both Application & DB Services to another Server (Windows to WIndows)

Thanks, 

11 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter Application & DB Server Migration

Genius
Genius

Hi Ganesh,

This guide will help you to migrate TC from one server to another.

Note: Please perform this on the Development server first and plan it accordingly for QA and Production.

Thanks,

Rafa

Regards
Rafa

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor

The document from @Rafa2 is a good start for cloning an environment. You will need to make a few additional changes if you are renaming the server(s). And more changes if you move the location of TC_DATA, change TC_TMP_DIR, etc. His document is a good baseline to build from.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Thank you Rafa & Randy for your guidance & Document. I think this will be good start up for me to migrate server & it helps in all way.

Thanks, 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Where can I find the link to the TC10.1+ version of the document mentioned in the version history?

Thanks,

Tobias

Genius
Genius

Hi Tobias,

Please follow the Tc 9.1 steps to perform Tc 10.1 replication.

You can give a try asking GTAC for it, I got the same document when I asked GTAC for 10.1.7

Thanks,

Rafa

Regards
Rafa

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks!

The link points to TC8.x documentation as well. I'll go with the 9.1 steps in the document.

Dear All,

As indicated earlier, I have migrated TC App server & DB server to local environment. I am not able to access any of the files from volume. Infodba can open its own data but other's users data can not be opened.

Updated below environment variables in new server & updated FMS Master with new site ID. Transient volume is updated as per backup.xml taken prior to Migration.

Fms_Bootstrap_Urlsb.Default_Transient_Serverc.Transient_Volume_Installation_Locationd.Transient_Volume_RootDire.Default_Transient_Volume_Id

Below are the observations & need solution

1. Able to login from server & client - infodba can download, open files which is owned by infodba. other's user file can't be downloaded, open

2. All user can create new data in volume & save their data. Re open for validation - success.

3. Other than infodba, no users can open the files in respective application (PDF, DOC, Solidworks, Catia, ORCAD) Below is the error if they are trying to open from different application.

Error from Application (Solidworks)

SolidWorks 'IOpenDoc6' could not find file C:\sw_works\M6x1 NYLON-INSERT LOCKNUT CLASS 8.SLDPRT

Error from Application (ORCAD Capture)
Message is:com.teamcenter.fms.util.FMSException: File was not found, 00e40000000c8d9805f7(C:\Siemens\volume)power_electronics_ha_59ad47d8\340a000_zip_3dy05507bv7k4.zip, GUID 0000000000000b290000a0a68d9805f7. If this is remote data it may need to be re-imported

File was trying to download from Named Reference

File was not found, 00e40000000c8d9805f7(C:\Siemens\volume)vehicle_development__59ad47af\bottom__pdf_j9t02407bus98.pdf, GUID 00000000000005d000009f558d9805f7. If this is remote data it may need to be re-imported

4. Folder permissions of Volume of both production server & migrated server - compared & it is same.

Windows Environment :
Amazon App server (Windows) : local infodba user Account volumes are written to D:\volume

Migrated TC App server (Windows) : Local infodba user Account volumes are written to D:\volume

Environment : TC10.1.6 , Windows Server 2012 R 12

Please advise.

Genius
Genius

@MadhusudhanRao

Can you please check both the existing and local environment to see if the file exists both in that specific location or search the entire volume folder?

(C:\Siemens\volume)power_electronics_ha_59ad47d8\340a000_zip_3dy05507bv7k4.zip 

Regards
Rafa