Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Teamcenter Excel addin causing issue with Excel Workbook event

I have developed a VBA Excel application that disables save/save as so that the user must select from two buttons, Work-in-Progress or Final. Part of the function of these buttons is to ensure that Header information is fully completed as well as guarantees file name uniformity. This application has worked flawlessly for the past several years until recently. I have isolated the issue to the Teamcenter Excel Addin. With this addin enabled, there does not seem to be a way to prevent save from firing.

Simple test: The following code is placed in the BeforeSave Event under ThisWorkBook. With the Teamcenter addin manually disabled, Save does not fire (as expected). With the addin enabled Save will fire.

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel = True
End Sub

I have tried to use VBA to temporarily disable the Teamcenter addin but get an error that you must be logged in as an administrator to disable. Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a workaround?  My application does not attempt to hook into or access the Teamcenter addin in anyway.  Thank you.