Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter Infra loadbalancing optios

Builder
Builder

APlogise if this is long post

moved between client and companys, so kind of confused on load balacning acrhitectures used.

• i undertand there is software/application loadbalacing of poolmanager and FSC can be done

so if a company has two corp servres

• Server A = Poolmanager A+FSC1
  • Server B= Poolmanager B+FSC2
  • Server C=Web 1
  • Server D= Web 2

I read Web1+Web2 are hardware loadbalanced (There will some kind of virtual IP address, on hardware loadbalncer where the request comes and then it will route to one of web servers based on some logic)

Now how these Web1 and Web2 will route request to PoolManger(which are software load balanced), how they will know which poolmanager to connect (A or B),  if one is down how the webserver know it need to route request to other pool manager.

Hope my question making sense, 

3 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Teamcenter Infra loadbalancing optios

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@nesthome 

Hello;

You can use also SW load balancers at web tier level, see "3.2.3.1 Multiple Web Application Servers Software Implementation" of TC deployment Guide.

As of your second question, the poolmanagers and web apps are in a pool network and they control load distribution. You can read more at " 4.4 Parallel Server Manager Pool Considerations" of TC deployment guide.

I hope it helps.

@RandyEllsworth  has a solid knowledge of loadbalancing, if you need more detail.

BR.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
I'm really proud that JFK1963 has made such good progress on the forums that he is confident (and correct) in his answers now. It shows tremendous growth and I hope inspires others as well.

The pool manager and web tier both share a "treecache" (J2EE) or .NET (.NET) so that the session can be tracked and web traffic routed to the correct tcserver (session) in the pool. Adding more pool managers simply increases the size of the treecache (a stripped down version of JBoss is installed with the pool manager and what provides the treecache).

Adding another web server requires a bit more configuration since you cannot be sure which web server the client is talking to and is expecting a response from. In this case, with multiple web servers, we usually go with F5 and enable the "sticky bit" (or big cookie) which keeps tabs on which session belongs to which client request. Kind of like a treecache for the client and web server. You have to watch your F5 timeout settings (default 30 minutes?) for long running sessions (like loading an extra big BOM or saving a LARGE assembly).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@RandyEllsworth 

very well explained. thanks.

I'm just at the beginning, it was not possible without help of experts like you.

Thank for support.