Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter Integration into NX

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

I'm having difficulties with a new TC install, unable to connect it up with NX.  Looking for help, struggling with the documentation.  When I try to launch NX 11.0 in managed mode (I launch it with "C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\NXBIN\ugraf.exe" -nx -pim=yes"), I get the following error:

NX failed to load in Managed Mode.PNG

I'm running a 2-tier installation of Teamcenter (10.1.7).  I don't understand where or how to point NX to the proper locations.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  This is what I installed on my client:

TC Install Details.PNG

3 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter Integration into NX

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The common work-flow is to first start the Teamcenter rich client and then start NX from within it.

To run NX without the rich client, you need to use %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGMANAGER\ugmanager.bat to start NX in managed mode.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Thanks.  I had kind of figured this out, but it's not super clear.  To anyone else looking, from within Teamcenter you launch NX from the File Menu (File->Open in NX).  If you don't see that option from the File menu, Go to Edit->Options and under the "NX" option you can set a flag to show the option to launch NX from the File Menu.  Don't know why it's not automatically turned on.

Phenom
Phenom

A bit more info on launching managed NX without the Tc rich client:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&p=1&q=How+to+launch+NX+...

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1