Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Teamcenter Manufacturing Access: Java EE web application server requirement

Hi!

Is there any special reason that Manufacturing Access (1.4) requires Java EE Based Server Manager? Therefore the .NET based version (so IIS) is not supported. Or did I miss something?

I am very curious (and a bit frustrated). Till this point I didn't see any difference between the two types of Web tier. If it is time to rethink my configuration, I want to get more information.

Thank you for your time!

2 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter Manufacturing Access: Java EE web application server requirement

There are several things in TC that only work with J2EE. For instance, logging and monitoring is much more robust than .NET. It used to be that we avoided J2EE due to having the command windows open all the time but since all J2EE components can run as services now that limitation has been removed. The best web tier is J2EE now and not .NET. .NET is still easier to deploy and manage but for deeper capabilities you need J2EE.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: Teamcenter Manufacturing Access: Java EE web application server requirement

Thank you for your reply!

And which application server do you recommend in the context of Teamcenter? In TC documentation mostly JBoss and WebSphere are mentioned as I see. Thus I am thinking about the open-source JBoss...