Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Teamcenter RAC and VDI

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We have decided to just discard the FCCCache when closing a session because the FCCcache can grow quite big and we experience that loading 7-10 GB of fcccache when starting a virtual machine makes login very slow, or even causes timeout and failed login to our XenDesktop machines.

We have 1GBit network between the servers and the virtual machines so there is not so a significant difference between loading from server instead of vm disk, because i think files in fcccache will have to be checked in the database anyway if there are newer files in server than in the cache? (I have not used stop watch to measure it but people have not complained since we started wiping the cache between sessions)  

So if we have only max one day old cache, would the sizing of FCC_MaxRead(/write)CacheSize make any difference? Even if im doing the ootb 1gb size, it still can grow much larger than 1GB? So what difference does it make if i set it to 1 or 10 GB? 

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
That's why we move the FCCCache out of the Users profile so its not a factor anymore. The files in the FCC are not checked/validated until they're needed. The age of the files does not determine the size of the cache. The size determines how much can fit into the cache before files are dropped off. This can have a significant impact for large assemblies. Don't believe me then that's okay because I'm not trying to convince you. Call GTAC with the same questions. There's a reason the have the cache sizing tool and performance documents ;)

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I believe you :) 

I just dont understand how it works. As mentioned, if i leave the size ootb 1GB, and i load some large assemblies i can find 6-7 GB in the cache? So what is the 1GB limit all about when i can load way more than the limit? 

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Good question and I can't say that I have the answer. You'd need to talk w/GTAC to figure out how the FCCCache is autogrowing beyond the assigned limits. Could be a new feature that we don't know about yet?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4