OK I have attached our latest and greatest SCCM-deployed installation script. Some notes:
- SCCM runs this under the SYSTEM account. This avoids any issues with UAC and elevated priveleges.
- Java does not like running under the SYSTEM account (since that account isn't a real user and has no user profile). Thus, we don't use TEM for this install.
- Instead, we simply copy a pre-built base TC 4-tier client from a network location. We have three flavors: TC only, TC + NX Manager, and TC + NX Manager + TCII. You will need to determine how many different base TC 4-tier clients you will need.
- After we copy the base client, we then install all the extra goodies like SWIM, Office integration, Vis, etc.
- This script determines what CAD integrations you require by searching for installations of the various CAD products we use. If you install TC before you install NX, for instance, you won't get the TC + NX Manager, you'll just get TC
- All of the software packages referred to in this script must be in the same directory as this script, or underneath it, or SCCM won't copy them properly and the script will fail.
- This script uninstalls older versions of TC unless you defeat it using the -nopurge switch.