Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter Server Manager (J2EE) goes down.

Good Morning,

I am having trouble with a TC 10 installation during login (4 Tier Client and Web, 2 Tier client works fine). I am getting the error:

"com.teamcenter.soa.client.SoaRuntimeException: No business server instance is available. Try again later.".

As soon as I try to connect with the web browser or with the 4tc, Teamcenter Server Manager Service goes down and stops completely. I have tried cleaning AppData/Local/Temp, including the shared memory folder, it did not work. I am uncapable of locating where the service its outputting its logs. Any idea of where to find those log files? (the ones related to the Server Manager)

Thank you.

8 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter Server Manager (J2EE) goes down.

Phenom
Phenom

Should be here:

%TC_ROOT%\pool_manager\confs\TC11DD\logs\ServerManager\process\ServerManager.log

Up and running.
Thank you!

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello,

I have this problem also.

"ERROR 2017-11-07 09:04:47,475 - No business server instance is available. Try again later. If this problem persists, please contact the system administrator."

I read your solution and find the document that you mentioned,it is at the attachment. However I don't know what should I do after I found it.

Could you please give a suggestion about the process that I should do?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Dillenger,

Make sure that the database backend is giving service and that you can log into it. Hope that helps.

Regards.

Hello Ramon,

Thank you for your answer but I checked all database and Teamcenter services and they are running. I use MySQL. If you want some log files,screenshots or anyother thing I could share with you. I put my "ServerManager.log" file at the attachment. 

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
MySQL isn't a supported database (Oracle, MSSQL, DB2). However I don't see any errors in the startup/shutdown of pool manager in the log. I think you need to look at the web tier. What web application server are you using (e.g. IIS, JBoss, something else where you have tc.war deployed)?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

I am sorry I had written false, I use MSSQL for database. I also use JBOSS for web application. I could put the file from JBOSS, if you tell me which file do you want to check? ( I couldn't put all JBOSS, because it is 1,81 GB )

Thanks in advance.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Check JBOSS_HOME\standalone\log for a boot.log and server.log subsystem files unless you've redirected it somewhere else (using logging.properties). You can also look for JBOSS_HOME\domain\servers\*\log\*.log for system issues before the subsystem kicks in. See https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Logging+Configuration

You are trying to validate that the TreeCache is being pulled from Pool Manager (happens when the first client connects) or if there is an error reported.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4