Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter Supplier collaboration - Solid Edge

Genius
Genius

Experts,

Can anyone give me insight on supplier collaboration for Teamcenter - Solid Edge?

The current Supplier Collaboration and Breifcase browser is for NX file sharing for suppliers who are not teamcenter users, I see Siemens does not have any solution for sharing Solid Edge files to suppliers from Teamcenter.

Please let me know if you have any good solution to it.

Regards
Rafa
8 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter Supplier collaboration - Solid Edge

Good morning Rafa,

I'm not 100% sure what's your specific need. We use Teamcenter and Solid Edge and have purchased a Teamcenter consumer license for our suppliers. They log in with a web browser and have access to only certain released statuses and datasets.

Our suppliers can't edit files and it's more a one way communication tool in our setup.

Capture.JPG

Kind regards,
Theodore Turner

Solid Edge 2019 MP4
Teamcenter 11.3

Genius
Genius

Hi Theodore,

Thanks for the response.

We wanted to share PSM files to sheet metal suppliers ( Non- TC users), who are outside our network.

How do suppliers get access to web browser, I assume they have to be in same network right?

Did you disabled all options using command suppression and give access to datasets with custom query?

Siemens took down webbrowser from TC 11, may be I can use AWC instead of it.

Regards
Rafa

Hello Rafa,

No, they don't have to be on the same network. Our internal port number for Teamcenter is 8080. However, we didn't want to open up this port to outside networks because 8080 is a very common port number which can easily be hacked. We did a "port redirect" so that the port number for external users is quite a "random" number. Suppliers then just simply use a link like below to log in with their Teamcenter user name and password.

Capture_we.JPG

Access is control by Access Manager based on the released status and the dataset type.

Capture.JPG

We are using Teamcenter 11.3 and the webclient is still working 100%.

Kind regards,
Theodore Turner

Solid Edge 2019 MP4
Teamcenter 11.3

Genius
Genius

Hello Theodore,

Sorry, its is not TC11

Announcement says Thin cleint is obsolete from TC 12

I did not know about "port redirect", something to look at it.

Capture.JPG

Regards
Rafa

Hello Rafa,

We have a Fortigate firewall which is managed by our IT support company. I obviously don't know your network setup but with the right hardware and setup you can give access to external users "relatively" safely.

Kind regards,
Theodore Turner

Solid Edge 2019 MP4
Teamcenter 11.3

Genius
Genius

Hello Theodore,

Thanks for the solution.

I will check that with our IT department and see how this can be implemented.

Regards
Rafa

Your are welcome.

Kind regards,
Theodore Turner

Solid Edge 2019 MP4
Teamcenter 11.3

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
@TheodoreTurner, you had me up until that last post. Tc is named user and unless you have special permission from Siemens you cannot use a "general" account for more than one user, even if they are suppliers. Siemens does offer a "generalized" license for an up-charge for some special conditions like for a "machine" where users are on shift work with no more than one user logging in at a time. Don't invalidate your license agreement. You may want to modify/correct your last post?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4