Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter admin email alerts

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have taken over a Teamcenter enviroment and need to modify the email addresses that Teamcenter email if something goes wrong but I can't find the config file / preference.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Teamcenter admin email alerts

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, preference in Teamcenter is called LicenseUsage_admin_notifier_list

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

That's only for licensing admin for the Occasional User license:

"Specifies the identifiers of the administrative users who will receive Teamcenter notifications when the Occasional User exceeds the allotted usage and/or grace period limits specified for the Occasional User license level."

There isn't just one place for this. For example, there are several places to enter an admin email address for Dispatcher errors alone.  There are also entries for the Enterpise Tier. I even wrote my own scripts to notify me when certain things fail like Services.

There is no single place for all of this.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

LarryCarpenter, I agree with you, I replied as far as I understood the topic's author. I think he needs to clarify the information. The dispatcher at me is not installed, probably therefore I do not see preferences for it.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the information, I was referring to the emails that are sent when there are actual problems with the Teamcenter server / services themselves.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
That would require Teamcenter to monitor itself which is not available ootb. Most companies configure the various logger.properties file(s) to perform some basic monitoring along with some system level monitoring of services, memory, cpu, etc.

More advanced monitoring can be done using Nagios and the TMSA (Teamcenter System Monitoring Automation) purchased from the Siemens PLM Services group ATS (Advanced Technical Services). They have a JMX plugin(s) for Nagios (TcJMXProxyServer) along with a dashboard template, install guide, etc.

You, as the admin, will need to determine the level of logging and the KPI's (Key Process Indicators) that are important for your companies business processes. This varies wildly from company to company.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4