cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter and NX on MacPro

Pioneer
Pioneer

hello experts, need your help with few questions

1. Does Teamcenter 4tier work with Apple Macs, Siemens certification shows it's not, even TC11 (only web client). but can that me made to with parallels etc
  2. does anyone worked Teamcenter installtion on Mac with Vmware fusion?
  3. what happens when we have NX nodelocked licenses, how does that work when we move to teamcenter (just Buy Nxmanager licenses??)

Thank you in Advance

3 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter and NX on MacPro

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
NX is supported on MAC as well as Teamcenter. However, you cannot use the same TC_DATA that you use with Windows.

Think of it like running Redhat Linux which knows nothing about "bat" files and requires "sh". If you install Teamcenter on Redhat Linux then run the 4tier rich client on MAC - shouldn't be an issue. If you install Teamcenter on Windows servers then you'll have to maintain two separate but interdependent TC_DATA directories. Keeping the two TC_DATA directories in sync is a fun challenge (mainly the POM_schema_file).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks Randy for the answer.

couple of more questions

• From your answer is shall take it that Teamcenter RAC works on Mac machine (2T/4T) provided i provide separate TC_DATA
  • if i use 4-tier cleints, then install 4-T on Mac is fine right? (Since it wont be required TC_profilevars), 
  • Becasue of oragnisation limitation (where Macs are coming with Customises widnows-OS specifically for company+Parallel, not allowed to install OOTB windows). we are checking on chance of installing TC cleint and NX on linux (Mac), does this configuration works?

Please let me know if my question is not making too much sense, i will try to fill in more information

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
After further review, no. The 2t/4t rich client is not supported on MAC (no SOA libraries). Only the web client is supported on MAC. That includes Active Workspace and embedding AW in NX to run NX Managed. AW would run in Safari.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2