Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamcenter login error

Creator
Creator

Hello,

When I connect in TC by the 4-tiers Rich client with account infodba, there is no problem.

But when I connect with another account with the same rich client, there is a FlexLM failure (see the screen copy file).

Is this issue is known and a solution is known ?

6 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter login error

Experimenter
Experimenter

In the last versions of TC the infodba login will sign you on, because of the administration license, with the users license is a different thing, you should check what the license log shows, for the image it seems it doesn't reach the license server and the user can't get a license or your license has been expired, can you also check that the thin client is able to sign you in with a differnet user other than infodba

Creator
Creator

It's the same problem when I connect by thin client or 2-tiers rich client.

I'll look for the log of the license server. 

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I find the reason  of my problem : it's the firewall of my license server when it down, there is no pb to connect TC with an user different of infodba.

In the document Install windows server TC 10.1 (page 93), it's a reference of document "Siemens PLM Common Licensing User Guide". I don't see it in the documentation on line of  TC10.

Does someone know where I can find it ?

Thanks by advance.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
On the license server the "answer" port is likely blocked by the firewall. Clients request a license on port 28000 but the answer can be from a range of ports that is hard to define. You can force the "answer" to be a specific port and then add the port as an exception to the firewall much easier. Add "PORT" to the "VENDOR" line in the license file and restart the service. Add "28005" to the firewall. Then test your access.
VENDOR ugslmd PORT=28005

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Creator
Creator

Will I change too the value of port for the license on the parameter of web application and corporate to maintain communication beetween license server and the TC servers ? 

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
No, leave the SERVER line alone...
SERVER <servername> COMPOSITE=XXXXXXXX 28000

But add the "return" PORT=28005 to the VENDOR line. Both 28000 and 28005 should be added to the firewall.
VENDOR ugslmd PORT=28005

Clients

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2