Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Teamcenter server crashes after instance Refresh

I am building a Test Environmental cloning the data from Production.
After required changes in TC_Data,Oracle DB and TC_Root while trying to login Teamceter server crashes with Error "com.teamcenter.soa.client.soaruntimeexception" error,
As mentioned in couple of blogs I have 1.Regenerated the POM_schema with the infodba credentials.
2.Deleted the RAC folder from temp location
3.Deleted the shared memory.
Still no luck.
Also peculiar that I am not able "generate meta cache" as it is throwing the login exception error where Regen POM schema executed successful with same credentials.
Any suggestions for this issue..
Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Teamcenter server crashes after instance Refresh

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Turn off shared memory using:
set TC_USE_METADATA_SHARED_MEMORY=FALSE
set TC_NO_TEXTSRV_SHARED_MEMORY=TRUE
set TC_USE_PREFS_SHARED_MEMORY=FALSE
set TC_USE_LOV_SHARED_MEMORY=FALSE
Then you should be able to test the login. You will have stylesheet and other issues until shared memory has been regen'd.

Turn off all Tc services, delete the shared memory folder, and regen shared memory using:
# Delete
generate_metadata_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -delete
generate_client_meta_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -t delete all

# Regenerate
generate_client_meta_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -t generate all
generate_metadata_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -force

That should clear up the issues as long as the rest of your cloning activities were correct.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Hi Randy,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have already tried the option setting up the environment variables in TC_Profilevars.bat and clearing the shared memory folders as I was following your responses for other blogs on the similar issues.
For me generate client meta cache is not working giving username password exception error whereas regen POM schema executed successfully with same username and password. Which also indicating that there might be the PROD reference is still exists somewhere in DB(I have changed pimanvolume,ppom_user and ppom_imc tables).
I was suspecting that client meta cache was sole culprit for tcserver crash(I might be wrong).Also currently only one user "infodba" is active which is also limiting my option for testing.
Thanks for the response, surely once again I will test the environment with the above steps and will update

Hi,

I have got instruction from GTAC to follow below steps in Instance Refresh,

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.4/help#uid:xid1256814:index_upgrade_guide:id44653...

I could able to build the working Test instance with above instruction

Thanks and Regards,

Rajath_Perinja

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Just a idea, do you have licence server set up? Is there new or changed server customization?

Take look to the syslog of genereate_meta_cache.

Svatos