Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Teamcenter vs NX Teamcenter Navigator

Below, you can see the Teamcenter view, with the NX Teamcenter Navigator (boxed in yellow).

We are looking at the same item, but you can see a different icon in the NX Teamcenter Navigator (boxed in red), which I do not see in Rich client Teamcenter.

Users are confused by this, when they search and get this icon, it won't open in NX, so it's obvioiusly not an NX part.  So what is it?  and why the different icon, if I am also seeing in in the rich client?

ScreenShot.jpg

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
7 REPLIES

Re: Teamcenter vs NX Teamcenter Navigator

@DaveK, The icon kinda looks like SolidWorks. While 032366-01 may be an NX part family (shown correctly in TC), the child 0.0625/01 is showing the parent in NX as SolidWorks. I'm with you that this is confusing.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

I'm going to submit an IR, and see if we can figure this out.

-Dave

It appears that the mystery dataset is JT. Not sure why NX shows it that way.

JT-Dataset.jpg

Check the dataset's Named Reference to see if any CAD file exists.  It could just be empty.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

It's probably an NX drawing.  It's an NX drawing stored as a UGMASTER dataset in Teamcenter. Lots of people think that the UGMASTER icon in Teamcenter is always a 3D model but it isn't.  It can also be a drawing.

That's also why there is no 3D model shown when opening it.  Switch to the Drafting application after opening it, and you'll see.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

You can prevent the DirectModel dataset from displaying under the UGMASTER, UGPART, UGALTREP datasets by removing the IMAN_Rendering value from:

• UGMASTER_DefaultChildProperties
  • UGPART_DefaultChildProperties
  • UGALTREP_DefaultChildProperties

After all, the DirectModel dataset is already shown under the Item Revision so no need to see it twice.

Well, GTAC thought the same thing, it looked like a specification (drawing), but the bigger issue, which may be related, the part family master has some errors in it (user didn't validate, before creating parts), so we need to clear that up first.

Thanks!

-Dave