Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

The detail of the user license?

I heard that there are so many kinds of licens below.
But when I look at GTAC official reference site, there is less information and I could not get criteria of them.

Could you someone explain me about them?

I haerd that Teamcenter Author can create item and delete item and so on.

But Teamcenter Consumer cannot do that and can see only data.

Could you explain them?

The following is the question which I know in eacn user license.

- What is the purpose of the user?

- What dose it can do?

1. Teamcenter Author
2. Teamcenter Consumer
3.TC - Change Management User
4. Teamcenter Gateway for SAP
5. Classification User
6. Product Configuration User
7. Multiple Structure Management User

23 REPLIES

Re: The detail of the user license?

Hi

In Teamcenter there are four different accounts you can assign to a user.

1)Author

Creating objects and information into Teamcenter

2)Consumer

Can view and participate in workflow, but shall not create any new items, datasets etc.

3) Occasional User

This is an Author but it has a limit number of access to the system per month. Both number of hours and number of access is evaluated. Intended for users who needs author but only access TC a few times each month.

4) Admin

Here is user infodba and dcproxy who is default user in the system and will not consume any of 'your' licenses.

Then you meantion some other and this is add on access to the above meantion 1-3.

You will need these extra licenses for the users who creates information within each of the areas like Change Managment, Classification, Manufacturing, Product Configuration etc.

Teamcenter Gateway for SAP you need to exchange information to and from SAP. (The cad integrations are similar)

All of these are addons taken by the user when they enter the module.

In the past it was needed to by consumer licenses to the same number as total users base in Teamcenter of the add-on licenses within Classification and Manufacturing but now with the new Consumer licenses it's embedded so you only need the to purchase 'author' license.

Thank you so much.
I got the clear concept of them.

So what is the difference between infodba and dcproxy?

maybe out on thin ice now ... but this is how I see it,

infodba is the main user who has all the rights and owns all OOTB objects. This user shall not be used in any workflows and also try to avoid using when creating new objects like a template.

When applying patches or installing new functions I always uses infodba as I in one of the first trainings were told that some installations requires infodba when you run TEM. After that I haven't ever wanted to try with some other user as if something goes wrong during an TEM deployment it can be tricky to revert it.

dcproxy is used in the Dispatcher service which is the translation service. This user will create, update and modify objects.

Thank you always, jormah.

I got clear concept about  the difference infodba and dcproxy.

Also I would like to make more clear about them.
The following is my questions.
1- By defult, infodba is under dba role and dcproxy is under proxy role.
    If yes, what kind situation do we have to change the role of dcproxy from proxy role to someting such as dba?
2- Based on dispather service,  we should modify the permissions of dcproxy using ACL.
     Is this correct?
3- Except for dispathcer service, I guess I can create the item and dataset with dcproxy.
    But as Teamcenter policy, we should avoid this situation where users create item and dataset with dcpoxy.  If so,  why do user avoid using dcproxy to create item?
    I could not understand the benefit of it. 

If you answer these questions, I will be really glad as I am learning this points.

[ Edited ]

Hi

1- In my system they are bothunder dba group and role DBA but I have been using Teamcenter since TC8.3.

2- Yes ACL needs to be adjusted for dcproxy so it can write to object with a status assigned.

3- Our object we convert in dispatcher are during the import reassigned to the owning user of the item revision but we only use it for JT within Catia and NX at the moment.

One reason for not let dcproxy own the business objects may be that revise can be affected if the revising user don't have the correct ACL.

There are probaly others as well ...but even if you let dcproxy own an e.g PDF from conversion job it shouldn't affect anything as during a revise PDF's arn't normally brought into the new revision.
Also read access i normally set to World for all object OOTB if you don't haven set special rules for your company.

.. so I only use dcproxy for dispatcher functions.

Thank you for the explanation.

Also infodba is default user. This means if TC is installed, infodab would be created by deafult.
But if user want to use dcproxy, the user need the license for dcproxy.

Is this correct?

One more question is :

1-  If I want to use dcproxy, do I have to purchase "Author" account?

But infodba is default one, we don't need to purchase infodba account.

The users infodba and dcproxy are privileged accounts that use the new "author" license. There are 2 author licenses included in every license file.
You need to make a change to the ACL tree for dcproxy to write translation results to Teamcenter.
There is a preference that allows dcproxy or the owner of the translated object to be the owner of the translated result. By default it is dcproxy.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Dear RandyEllsworth

Thank you for your reply.

Even though jormah said that dcproxy and infodba are default one, I need to purchase new "Author" license to use them. At least author license should be purchased to use Teamcenter.

Is what I mentioned here correct??