Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree cache initialization failed - error while logging in Teamcenter 11.2

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I get the "Tree cache initialization failed" when I try to login to Teamcenter. I am using the default credentials infodba/infodba. I have used default ports related to Treecache. The admin guide indicates

"This error indicates that the TreeCache local service port you have configured is already in use either by another TreeCache instance or by some other process. To resolve this problem, choose a different port and restart/redeploy the reconfigured server manager or web tier application".

Question: Where should I set the port and what could it be?

Regards,

6 REPLIES

Re: Tree cache initialization failed - error while logging in Teamcenter 11.2

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
I don't know your server landscape. Do you have Server Manager and the WebTier on separate servers? If so, then try disabling the firewall on each, temporarily, to see if this is the problem. If they are on the same server then you have a configuration issue.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Creator
Creator
Thanks again Randy.
Server Manager and Web Tier are on the same server.
I see that I have set the same port for local service port and port for treecache peers. Do you know how I can modify this setting?

What I did so far?

1. Run tem.bat (install directory)
2. Confoguration maintenance ->Modify settings (Java EE based Server Manager) -> ...
3. I am not able to go beyond Communication Configuration stage, as it stops me with "RMI port and assignment service port are in use" message.
4. It seems that I can only go forward if I set new values here. However, I don't know its consequences. Can you advise?

The in-use error means that something has started and is still using those ports. Changing the ports is not a good approach to this problem. Instead, focus on shutting down Teamcenter, services and processes, that may still be running. Besides stopping services, use Task Manager to shut down processes (usually with "tc" in the name or java.exe/javaw.exe). Once everything is shutdown then run "clearlocks -assert_all_dead -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba". That should cleanup any of the remaining processes. If that doesn't work then reboot the server. The RMI and Distribution Server are part of the J2EE WebTier and usually run in command windows (or you can convert them to services using srvany) but they are not part of the configuration that deals with TreeCache which are specified in INSWEB "tc" application, Context Parameters. Rebuild and deploy the new tc.war if you change parameters.

Creator
Creator

spot on, sir!

It worked, so moved forward to the next hurdle. I get the following error

"Error sending request to TECS MUX: Connection to http://TCNLMS101:8087 refused"

Unfortunately, I did not take note of default values for ports while during installation and changed them according to another notes.

Can you please let me know what are the default values for following?

Step: Multiplexing Proxy (MUX)

1. Port

2. TECS Admin

Step: Server Manager for Java EE

1. JMX HTTP Adaptor Port

Thanks.

MUX-
Port: 8087
TECS Admin: 8084
JMX (deprecated)-
Sever Manager: 8088
WebTier: 8090

The replacement for JMX is the "Teamcenter Management Console" but you'll have to configure LDAP too or "Use Embedded LDAP" (port 15389) and HTTP Communication (port 8083). It takes some work to get it set up and configured. Start the console using TC_ROOT\mgmt._console\container\bin\trun and stop using CTRL-D in the command window. Once started, then open a browser to http://yourserver:8083/mgmt/console. You'll be forced to change the default password the first time you use it (default admin\admin). You can convert this to a service using Apache Karaf.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.2.3/help#uid:xid1256816:index_plm00102:id1683912:...

Creator
Creator

Thanks Randy for all the help. It works after I've set the ports.