Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuning Guide JBoss EAP 6.3.x, EAP 6.3.4, or latest?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I checked GTAC site and only able to locate the JBoss tuning guide for JBoss 7.1.0.

In order to support ~3000 con-current users/connections, any thoughts or suggestions on how to tune the JBoss EAP 6.3.x, EAP 6.3.4, or the available latest version for TC 11.2.x/AW/EWI?

Thanks,

Harley.

5 REPLIES

Re: Tuning Guide JBoss EAP 6.3.x, EAP 6.3.4, or latest?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

For ~3000 concurrent users, I hope you have multiple web servers, each with a running JBoss instance, behind a hw load balancer? you haven't said what version of Teamcenter you're running (I assume its not Tc11.2).

The JBoss 7.1 tuning guide (JBoss7_1_0_Installation_and_Tuning_Guide_v1_01.pdf) should work for Tc11.2 if that is your question. EAP 6.1.0/6.3 is comparable to AS 7.4 (requires Java 8).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Randy,

Yes, we require to upgrade and run with latest Java 8.x; therefore, i'd love to run with the new JBoss instead of v.7.1.0 but GTAC does not have any whitepaper or able to provide any useful information yet ;-)...

I may need to digest from another sources!!!

Thanks,

Harley.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Randy,

In addition, yes we have been running TC 9.1.2.x with 2 web servers & 6 pool servers on the VM with behind hardware/network LB's configuration.

We are expecting to upgrade to TC 11.2.2 soon.

Thanks,

Harley.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hai,

The JBoss EAP 7 server configurations design is the same used by JBoss EAP 6: single XML file configurations to use JBoss EAP as a standalone server, which by default may be found in each server’s directory standalone/configurations, and single XML file configurations to use JBoss EAP as a host in a managed domain, which by default may be found in each server’s directory domain/configurations. But while the design is similar, the migration of a JBoss EAP 6 server configuration may require that changes are applied to it, to be able to work as expected, or even work at all on JBoss EAP 7. Please note that changes to a server configuration may be done offline, by editing the configuration XML file, or online, by starting the configuration with JBoss EAP 7 in admin mode, by adding parameter ---admin-only to the server start command, and then use a management client to invoke the server’s management operations.

Source: docs.jboss

Regards

Sarahjohn

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Randy,

If you would found the JBoss EAP 6.3.x tunning guide, can you please share with me, if possible?

And also if you have any documents on how to configure JBoss EAP for Teamcenter, please do share with me, if possible.