Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to derive a Problem Report

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi everybody,

For an intern project, I created 3 workflows for the Change Manager: One PR, one ECR, one ECN.

After that, everything was perfect, I could derive the PR into an ECR and the ECR into an ECN after using the proper workflow.

Recently, I wanted to test again this functionality before export it. But the following error appears (see attachments).

It seems like something is wrong with our license.

Just so you know, we renewed the license 2 weeks ago. According to the IT, the license is the same.

Does anyone know where this can come from?

Thank you!

Etienne LAFON
Percall APS - PLM Consultant
4 REPLIES

Re: Unable to derive a Problem Report

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Change management licenses are consumed for a month after you use it. They are all probably in use by other users in the system. Have the IT check the license usage in Flex. In the Server Status tab, select Perform Status Enquiry button to read what licenses are in use. Each license type will be listed with the total number of licenses and the number in use. Below is just an example, you'll need to find the line for change management in your license to see what is being consumed.

flex.png

Jamie Griffis

Mercury Digital Services

I did what you said on Flex.

As you can see, no license is in use.

I have underlined "Change_user" because it's in my message error.

I didn't find a " Change Manager" line.

Capture Flex.PNG

Etienne LAFON

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Interesting. Do you happen to have 2 license servers in use? One for Prod and one for Test, perhaps? If so, maybe you are pointing to the wrong license server. Another thing to check is the syslog. Open the RAC, go to help -> about and get the syslog name because you'll need it. Then perform your actions again to get the error. Do NOT close Teamcenter. Get that syslog from the server (if you're running 4-tier) or have IT get you a copy. If you close the RAC on the 4-tier session, the log usually will dissappear, so it is best to leave it open until you get a copy of the log. We need to read the log to see what else is going on.

Morning,

I don't think that I have 2 license servers in use. We use our license only for test.

Here is the syslog just after the error appears:

Spoiler
INFO - 2018/05/22-07:23:24.208 UTC - TC11CORP.09329.01.user1.00208 - UPS_CL_ask_presence for change_user returned error -10009: License Error, license module is not present. - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tc at D:\workdir\tc113w0509_64\src\core\tc\check_license.cxx(796)

ERROR - 2018/05/22-07:23:24.282 UTC - TC11CORP.09329.01.user1.00208 - 26025: No Flexlm license is available for Teamcenter optional module '%1$s'. - check_module_usage for change_user returned error 26025 (Optional Module): Unknown Error Value.
FLEXnet Error 26025 has occurred.

For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide, available at "www.flexerasoftware.com". - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tc at D:\workdir\tc113w0509_64\src\core\tc\check_license.cxx(430)

So it seems like a module is missing in our license, isn'it?

Etienne LAFON