cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to 4T Rich Client after environment replication

I did an environment replication where i exported DB from source and imported successfully in destination.

All other necessary steps has been completed and i am able to login to thin client & command line without issues.

When attempting login to rich client, i get error like,

“File was not found,
0104564f26008B(C:\apps\TC9\TV)dba_564ed8bc\ng4_par_xml_p8z03to6idelp.xml,
GUID 00000000000931575fd97b8b136cbc. If this is remote data it may need to
be reimported”

Regenerated client & meta data cache and deleted shared memory as well.

Anyone faced similar error and any possible solution for this apart from manual file creation in volume ?

4 REPLIES

Re: Unable to login to 4T Rich Client after environment replication

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I usually see this when deploying an updated template via TEM. Some of the language files are missing and it won't behave until they are manually created. It's possible that you have to go through many iterations until are the required files are created. Once you get past this error THEN update the client cache and meta data cache.

Another possibility is that the transient volume isn't working correctly. Use the results of backup_xmlinfo as gospel to update the FMS Master and Tc preferences. Especially the default transient volume id. The TV ID is a computed value that changes when the server name or TV location change.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Thanks Randy!! I will try the transient volume part and update back. But why do you think that transient volume could be the reason for this error!? Just curious..

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Files are usually copied to the transient volume where the client then pulls them local. Things like stylesheets are a good example. A good check is to look at the transient volume folder on the server and if you see files then there is a problem. The TV should be empty or files may reside there for a couple of minutes before disappearing. Its the best indicator that something is amiss. If the TV is empty then the problem is with the files in the volume itself and you may need to create "dummy" files to get past the errors.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Thanks Randy. I verified that transient volume doesn't have issues but still was not able to login. So had to create 100 dummy files to get past the error. Now i am able to login without issues. :-)