Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to register connect 4T with windows 2012R2

Hello Guys,

We are migrating TEamecnter servers from Windows 7 to Windows 2012 R2 for which we are trying out mockup, in which we are unable to establish connection to 4Tier from client machine to new configured server which in not happeningr, but both pool manager & jboss is running and error shows in pool manager that Unable to launch server tcserver.exe..., Please find the attached log file and help me to sort out.

server OS:Windows 2012R2

Teamcenter version:-TC10.1.4

Regards

Dinesh.B

6 REPLIES

Re: Unable to register connect 4T with windows 2012R2

You might be having a port issue. Time to take a step back and review the basic server setup. Disable IPv6 or enable the IPv4 preferred preference in pool manager (Jboss has a similar pref). Disable the firewall or at least ensure the ports are open. Ensure that the logs directory exists (TC_TMP_DIR=D:\Temp\something). Ensure the pre-req's are installed, etc.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Hello Randy,

I have tried out the options which was mentioned in your post, Still i am not able to connect 4Tier service. Is there any other specific factors behind this issue?

Regards,

Dinesh.B

Detailed log file for the issue mentioned by Dinesh is attached.

The log shows that TC_ROOT is local to the machine running pool manager but that TC_DATA is remote (UNC path). Are you using a domain or a local account for the services? Something is not right with the architecture. I advise you to work with GTAC to resolve it.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

I am having this same issue.  I am wondering if you ever resolved it and if so, what steps did you take?

Jake

Hello,

Recently I faced same issue. This is something to do with Windows 2012 security.

Following actions resolved my issue. May be useful to you.

The setting that I believe is causing you this issue is the ‘User Access Control’ (also called UAC).  To completely disable this on a Windows 2012 Server, you need to edit the registry.  I found the article on this page:  https://richardstk.com/2013/12/17/fully-disable-user-account-control-in-windows-server-2012-windows-...

Here is the main part of the article:

The answer was to set the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System EnableLUA registry key to 0x00000000 as per the following MSDN article here.  Following a reboot, UAC was completely disabled and the batch file worked correctly.

It’s very important to reboot.

You may also want to disable IPv6 as well since it can sometimes get in the way.  This page has a real quick button that you can run which will do it for you:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852 (just download it and click on ‘Run’)

Hope your problem will get resolved.