Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save PLMXML document (2): Cannot open file

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello community,

I often have on 2Tier clients the error you can see in the attachments and the only resolution workflow is to close both Teamcenter and NX.

I've already check fmsmaster_xxxx_infodba.xml using backup_xmlinfo.exe

I check also the connection between clients and server and there aren't loss of connection or errors while error appear.

This behavior is on 2 of 3 clients, I check the differences between working and not working clients but I can't see any difference.

Can you give me some tips?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Unable to save PLMXML document (2): Cannot open file

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
2tier rich clients are not latency tolerant. The tcserver is running directly on the client and this is the part that talks to the database. So this could be the result of a busy network (timeout), busy database (timeout) or a polluted 2tier transient volume folder (delete folder contents). I suggest you stand up and use 4tier rich clients to solve all three conditions.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi Randy,

I know that 4Tier client is preferred when there is a busy network.

I've started a perpetual ping on the client and when the issue appear the answer of ping was always <1ms.

Deleting transient volume folder content doesn't solve the issue that appear after few time.

Install 4Tier client was my last chance if I can't find anything better.

So you suggest me this solution?

Thanks.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Yes, since you cannot predict what tables are being locked in the DB by the client app nor how long the locks persist. And bad performance is so difficult to diagnose as you've discovered. 4tRAC outperforms 2tRAC even for low latency connections (1ms). I only use 2tRAC these days for administration on the server (test connection without svr mgr/web tier started, or updating preferences, importing workflows, etc.) and for the dispatcher client (required for "direct" translators).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4